Research & Development Chemist
- Post Date:26th September 2022 14556
- Views 113
Research & Development Chemist
Are you looking to progress your laboratory career in a product development role?
Belzona is a global leader in polymeric industrial protective coatings and repair composites in a range of industries such as Marine, Mining, Petrochemical, Oil & Gas, Wind Power and many more!
We are currently recruiting for someone to join the existing Research & Development team in Harrogate, North Yorkshire, in a product development role as an R&D Chemist.
This is an opportunity within our laboratories working as part of an existing team. Reporting to the R&D Manager, the role will involve working alongside the current R&D Chemists and Technicians on the development and testing of new and innovative industrial protective coatings and repair composites.
The R&D Chemist has responsibility for the design and development of new industrial repair and protection products and is involved from concept to manufacture and launch to market. The role will primarily involve the formulation and development of new polymer-based systems and the subsequent testing to verify performance using a range of analytical and mechanical methods. The Chemist is also involved in the scale-up process and preparation of supporting documentation/literature in readiness for market release.
What are we looking for?
- Background and qualification in a scientific area, preferably chemistry or polymer science
- Formulation and product development experience with a proven track record of innovation and success in a research and development role
- Previous laboratory experience in a formulating role within a relevant discipline e.g.
- Paints, coatings and composites
- Sealants and adhesives
- Strong practical and hands-on skills
- Self-motivated, logical thinker with the ability to problem solve
- Confident communicator and team player with good organisational skills
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn and develop
- An understanding of polymer chemistry used in industrial coatings and repair materials e.g. epoxy, polyurethane, silane or silicone technologies
- Practical knowledge and experience in corrosion prevention and the use of coatings and repair composites
- Familiarity with coating and composite testing techniques e.g. immersion resistance, adhesion, mechanical strength, heat resistance etc.
- Understanding of chemical and industrial processes in key Belzona markets, e.g. power, energy, oil and gas, marine, petrochemical, mining etc
What are we offering?
- Opportunity to join a successful, progressive company
- Full-time permanent position based in Harrogate (37.5hrs/week)
- Full training and support
- Opportunity for flexible working
- Excellent career progression prospects
We also have lots of great benefits: private healthcare, permanent health insurance, discounted vendors, refer a friend scheme (£500), free onsite parking – plus loads more that we can talk to you about in interview.
If you are interested this role, please send your CV and covering letter to: [email protected] by 7th October 2022.
Belzona Polymerics Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and we undertake to give fair and full consideration to all applications for employment made to Belzona, irrespective of any Protected Characteristic.
Related Jobs (1)
Research and Development Chemist on 13th October 2022