Research and Development Graduate Placement (12 months)
- Post Date:8th April 2022
- Views 146
Job Title: R&D Industrial Placement Student
Mission Of The Role
Provide support and undertake research and development (R&D) for the global Fire and Insulation Innovation Team by developing novel coating systems for fire protection
- To innovate and develop new/improved products and support existing product/raw material portfolio.
- To organise and execute allocated project work within agreed deadlines, in accordance with procedures and test methods laid down in the Laboratory Manual and certification standards
- To operate as a team member, assisting colleagues where required.
- To present results, develop conclusions and suggest/propose further work.
- To conduct/lead/support R&D investigations into new technology platforms and feedback to the global fire innovation team.
- To represent the department on sitewide initiatives in support of continuous improvement and product introductions.
- Has a proactive approach and adheres to all H & S and security requirements.
- To provide technical assistance to the innovation team and others in the fire lab when needed.
- Follows procedures to ensure high-quality output, taking action to address any issues.
- Follows standards for excellence; takes responsibility to ensure a consistently high standard of working
- Working towards BSc/MChem in Chemistry or Equivalent Higher Education Qualification
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Full UK driving licence (Nice to have
- Experience of working with chemicals in a laboratory environment
- Knowledge of COSHH and safe working in a laboratory.
- Ability to write a scientific report.
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $18 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
At Sherwin-Williams, we’re proud of the company we keep — our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
- Please note that Sherwin Williams is unable to respond to any enquiries, accept CVs or applications from Recruitment Agencies**
Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.