Regulatory Support Specialist
- Post Date:6th May 2022
- Views 159
We are a speciality chemical company and one of the world’s leading suppliers of aqueous polymers. Our polymers help customers create new products and enhance the performance of existing products in key industries such as coatings, construction, textiles, paper and synthetic latex gloves. Our business has grown significantly over the last 5 years with 2020 revenues of more than £1.5 billion, our robust financial performance ensures we are well positioned to continue to invest for long-term growth. We employ 4750 people across 38 sites, our headquarters are based in London with regional innovation centres in UK, Germany, Malaysia and the USA, as well as operational centres in Europe, North America, the Middle East and Asia.
We are looking for someone with a science background and a flair for data management, who likes to bring structure to databases, processes, and systems. The ideal candidate will be methodical and have an eye for detail and be able to put ideas into practice.
Our Regulatory team combines their knowledge of scientific, legal and business issues to ensure that our products comply with global chemical regulations. This entry level position would also be suitable for candidates wanting to learn more about Regulatory Affairs and develop a career in the field.
- Technically review a raw material safety data sheet and verify the classification and labelling of a raw material
- Recognise inconsistencies in supplier information and resolve where possible
- Ensure that information in the raw material database is kept up to date. Create and edit records where necessary
- Work with the site data managers to ensure that final product compositions are maintained correctly
- Maintain pure substance, raw material and product data in our database (S/4 Hana SAP system EHS module)
- Create safety data sheets and labels
To Join Our Successful Team You Will Need
- Degree or relevant experience in Chemistry, Regulatory, or a related field
- Interest in developing a career in the Regulatory field
- Knowledge of classification and labelling of substances and mixtures in accordance with the Globally Harmonised System (desirable but not essential).
- Experience with SAP EHS (desirable but not essential)
In Addition, We Offer a Highly Desirable Benefits Package
- Subsidised Private Health Insurance
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Contributory Pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life Insurance
- Support Counselling
- Company social events throughout the year
- Subsidised canteen
- Free parking at Harlow
£25,000 – £30,000 p.a. depending on experience
We are ambitious!
We have grown significantly – both organically and inorganically. We are a FTSE 250 listed company, 22% of our revenue comes from newly commercialized products, and we’re recognized in the top-quartile for chemicals manufacturing safety.
We believe in high challenge, high support!
We are keen to let you contribute in real roles from day 1. We expect a lot, but offer a lot, too. This includes onboarding, induction and learning events, networking opportunities, mentoring and personal development planning. So, be up for an inspiring long-term career adventure.
We personalize our approach to development!
At Synthomer, you won’t find generic career tracks or development programs but rather a one-size-fits-one approach to employee development. We’ll partner with you to ensure you have the right experiences that build your capabilities and accelerate your career growth.