Regulatory Specialist ll
- Post Date:17th March 2023
- Apply Before: 17th April 2023
- Views 8
About the job
Synthomer is an innovative and differentiated global leader in sustainable polymer solutions. The Group is one of the world’s foremost suppliers of water based polymers and has leadership positions in many markets. Our polymers help customers create innovative new products and enhance the performance of existing products in key industries such as coatings, construction, adhesives, textiles, paper and nitrile medical gloves.
With the acquisition of Eastman Adhesive Resins in 2022 and Omnova Solutions in 2020, Synthomer grew its global manufacturing network, expanded its product portfolio and boosted its geographical presence, allowing it to better serve over 6000 customers around the world. Synthomer has its operational headquarters in London, UK, and provides customer-focused services from regional centres in Harlow, UK; Marl, Germany; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and Beachwood, Ohio, USA. It employs more than 5000 employees across over 40 sites and is listed on the London Stock Exchange.
Purpose Of The Job
To ensure Synthomer complies with Global Regulatory Chemical regulations. Manage and monitor assigned business units compliance obligations by supporting customers’ requests. Ensures key changes to regulations are communicated to business and department with a clear understanding of business impact. Active role in the development and management of departmental projects.
Role And Responsibilities
- Grow expertise in general regulatory compliance for Speciality Chemistries
- Work with the regional teams (as advised by line manager) to ensure a high level of service is offered to the business; ensure that global enquires are handled in a timely manner
- Builds a network with the broader business; technical and commercial teams to become a recognised member of the regulatory team
- Represent a specific business unit as ‘point of contact’; nurturing an understanding of Synthomer and customer needs, delivering upon business driven projects
- Classify products in line with local / regional GHS guidelines / regulations. Update the relevant systems with classification and ensure communication to the supply chain via legally compliant safety data sheets and labels
- Provide the highest level of service possible to the R&D community by becoming involved in new product development, product improvements and innovation projects.
- Ensure raw materials and products remain compliant using the current systems and processes
- Ensure that information in all relevant raw material databases is kept up to date. Create and edit records where necessary
- Support the development and renewal of efficient, ensuring processes are formally documented and communicated as appropriate
- Lead departmental projects, with support if needed, providing departmental training and wider business training where necessary
- Representing Synthomer in local or national trade associations; recommending changes to and impact of legislation
Essential Jobs Requirements
- Relevant degree in Chemistry or related field
- Previous experience working within Polymer, coatings or other similar environment
- Relevant Industrial experience working within a Regulatory/Compliance role
- Excellent attention to detail, organisational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent written/ verbal/ interpersonal communication skills
We are ambitious!
We have grown significantly – both organically and inorganically. We are a FTSE 250 listed company, 22% of our revenue comes from newly commercialized products, and we’re recognized in the top-quartile for chemicals manufacturing safety.
We believe in high challenge, high support!
We are keen to let you contribute in real roles from day 1. We expect a lot, but offer a lot, too. This includes onboarding, induction and learning events, networking opportunities, mentoring and personal development planning. So, be up for an inspiring long-term career adventure.
We personalize our approach to development!
At Synthomer, you won’t find generic career tracks or development programs but rather a one-size-fits-one approach to employee development. We’ll partner with you to ensure you have the right experiences that build your capabilities and accelerate your career growth.
Related Jobs (2)
Subject Matter Expert – Hydrocarbon Passive Fire Protection on 16th March 2023 Full Time
Facilities Officer on 16th March 2023 Full Time