Regulatory Specialist II - GBR
- Post Date:20th August 2021
- Views 166
Purpose Of The Job
Ensure the company complies with Global Chemical Regulation in the markets and territories it operates within. Assist with the management and monitoring of Synthomer’s compliance obligations and report/record non compliances. Ensure key, relevant changes are communicated to your line manager and that the business impact is understood. Take an active role in any development projects. Ensure the regulatory department is kept up to date with regulation changes that will affect the Regional teams.
- Advise on changes to global legislation and suggest appropriate actions to the Regulatory Systems and Process Manager to ensure that the business is well prepared for any legal amendments and enactments. Keep abreast of changes existing and up and coming legislation.
- Be involved in the development of strategies to manage REACH- like compliance in the markets Synthomer operate in. Be involved in the communication and implementation of strategies with key stakeholders in the organisation as advised by line manager.
- Be involved in the planning and implementation of multiple regulatory based projects to cover legislation changes and or departmental improvements in a lead and/or supporting role. Provide timely updates during Gate Meetings to ensure that the Regulatory Management team are kept up to date as to project status.
- Work with the regional teams (as advised by line manager) to ensure a high level of service is offered to the business; ensure that global enquires are handled in a timely accurate fashion. This includes raising any issues found from an enquiry with your line manager in order to seek resolution.
- Assist in the development, management, and maintenance of appropriate processes, systems and information for Synthomer products including raw materials. Provide SOPs as required.
- Contribute to the creation and delivery of compliance based solutions and procedures and manage information flow and control of changes.
- Provide the highest level of service possible to the R&D community by becoming involved in new product development, product improvements and innovation projects. Support the handover of these projects to the regional regulatory teams as required by your line manager.
- Ensure all relevant Global registrations, inventories and annual reporting is completed in a timely fashion.
- Develop and roll out global departmental procedures and efficiency improvements.
To Join Our Successful Team You Will Need
- Degree in Chemistry, Physical Sciences or, Toxicology.
- Industrial experience working in a Regulatory role.
- Experience with REACH compliance
In Addition, We Offer a Highly Desirable Benefits Package
- Subsidised Private Health Insurance
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Contributory Pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life Insurance
- Support Counselling
- Company social events throughout the year
- Subsidised canteen
- Free parking at Harlow
Our site is based in Harlow, UK. There is flexibility in work location, and home working is permitted. Job-holders will be expected to be on site at certain points, for example for training and team meetings.
At Synthomer, we’re redefining career development. You won’t find generic career tracks or cookie-cutter development programs but rather a one-size-fits-one approach to employee development. We’ll partner with you to provide the right experiences that build your capabilities and accelerate your career growth.
Related Jobs (7)
Analytical Chemist on 2nd June 2023 Full Time
Technologist on 2nd June 2023 Full Time
Apprentice R & D on 2nd June 2023 Apprenticeship
Apprentice R & D on 12th May 2023 Apprenticeship
PDC Chemist on 12th May 2023 Full Time
Development Chemist – Research & Development Group on 11th May 2023 Full Time
Research & Development Apprentice on 10th May 2023 Apprenticeship Full Time