Regulatory Specialist II
- Post Date:7th September 2023
- Apply Before: 28th September 2023
- Views 30
Synthomer is an innovative and differentiated global leader in sustainable polymer solutions. The Group is one of the world’s foremost suppliers of water based polymers and has leadership positions in many markets. Our polymers help customers create innovative new products and enhance the performance of existing products in key industries such as coatings, construction, adhesives, textiles, paper and nitrile medical gloves.With the acquisition of Eastman Adhesive Resins in 2022 and Omnova Solutions in 2020, Synthomer grew its global manufacturing network, expanded its product portfolio and boosted its geographical presence, allowing it to better serve over 6000 customers around the world. Synthomer has its operational headquarters in London, UK, and provides customer-focused services from regional centres in Harlow, UK; Marl, Germany; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and Beachwood, Ohio, USA. It employs more than 5000 employees across over 40 sites and is listed on the London Stock Exchange.Purpose Of The JobEnsure the company complies with Global Chemical Regulations in the markets and territories it operates within. Asist with the management and monitoring of Synthomer’s compliance obligations and report/record non compliances. Ensure key, relevant changes are communicated to your line manager and that the business impact is understood. Take an active role in any development projects. Ensure the regulatory department is kept up to date with regulation changes that will affect the Regional teams and work with your line manager to provide support and training.Main Accountabilities
- Maintain a strong safety ethic within the team.
- You must have knowledge and experience of REACH registration dossiers
- Advise on changes to global legislation and suggest appropriate actions to the Regulatory Systems and Process Manager to ensure that the business is well prepared for any legal amendments and enactments. Keep abreast of changes to existing and up and coming legislation.
- Be involved in the development of strategies to manage REACH- like compliance in the markets Synthomer operate in including Turkey, Asia and Russia territories.
- Be involved in the communication and implementation of strategies with key stakeholders in the organisation as advised by line manager.
- Be involved in the planning and implementation of multiple regulatory based projects to cover legislation changes and or departmental improvements in a lead and/or supporting role. Provide timely updates during Gate Meetings to ensure that the Regulatory Management team are kept up to date as to project status.
- Work with the regional teams (as advised by line manager) to ensure a high level of service is offered to the business; ensure that global enquires are handled in a timely accurate fashion. This includes raising any issues found from an enquiry with your line manager in order to seek resolution.
- Assist in the development, management, and maintenance of appropriate processes, systems and information for Synthomer products including raw materials. Provide SOPs as required.
- Contribute to the creation and delivery of compliance based solutions and procedures and manage information flow and control of changes.
- Provide the highest level of service possible to the R&D community by becoming involved in new product development, product improvements and innovation projects. Support the handover of these projects to the regional regulatory teams as required by your line manager.
- Ensure all relevant Global registrations, inventories and annual reporting is completed in a timely fashion.
- Develop and roll out global departmental procedures and efficiency improvements.
- Degree in Chemistry, Physical Sciences or, Toxicology.
- Experience: More than 5 years industrial experience working in a Regulatory role.
Why Synthomer?We are ambitious!We have grown significantly – both organically and inorganically. We are a FTSE 250 listed company, 22% of our revenue comes from newly commercialized products, and we’re recognized in the top-quartile for chemicals manufacturing safety.We believe in high challenge, high support!We are keen to let you contribute in real roles from day 1. We expect a lot, but offer a lot, too. This includes onboarding, induction and learning events, networking opportunities, mentoring and personal development planning. So, be up for an inspiring long-term career adventure.We personalize our approach to development!At Synthomer, you won’t find generic career tracks or development programs but rather a one-size-fits-one approach to employee development. We’ll partner with you to ensure you have the right experiences that build your capabilities and accelerate your career growth.
Related Jobs (43)
HSE Advisor on 21st September 2023
DTS Field Service Engineer on 21st September 2023
Multi Skilled Technician on 21st September 2023
Territory Manager – Manchester on 8th September 2023
Business Assistant on 8th September 2023
Sales Assistant (FT, 39 Hours) – Bradford on 1st September 2023
Sales Assistant (FT, 39 Hours) – Southampton (FTC,3 months) on 8th September 2023
Technical Services Representative – Packaging Coatings on 8th September 2023
Export Customer Service on 5th September 2023
Territory Sales Consultant on 3rd September 2023