Regulatory Consultant Hazard Communication
- Post Date:13th July 2023
- Views 73
About the job
Regulatory Consultant – Hazard Communication
Yordas Group is a leading international provider of scientific and consultancy services, regulatory advice and training to industry in sustainability, chemicals management and risk assessment. We help ensure companies are compliant and up-to-date with the regulations affecting their supply chains and product portfolios. Yordas is headquartered in the UK, with offices and representation across the globe.
Job title: Regulatory Consultant Hazard Communication
Grade: Dependent on experience
Location: Lancaster, UK / Istanbul, Turkey
Salary range: Dependent on experience, full-time position
Owing to the continued expansion of the business and greater demands for services, Yordas Group is looking to recruit experienced Regulatory Consultants to be based within the Product Stewardship business unit. The successful candidates will support companies in the context of Hazard Communications and will undertake client-driven activities.
This role involves a collaboration with the management team and consultancy staff, carrying out activities related to the classification and labelling of products and authoring of safety data sheets and hazcom labels. More experienced consultants will also be expected to assist in developing the processes and systems that support our global hazard communication team to enhance our process efficiency and compliance. Depending on experience and ability to work independently, options to be located at our UK office or work remotely will be considered.
Role and Responsibilities
The candidates would be responsible for:
- Manual hazard classification of substances and mixtures to global requirements (inc. EU, North American and Asian requirements)
- Authoring of Safety Data Sheets to global requirements (inc. EU, North American and Asian requirements) using internal SDS authoring software
- Conversion of SDS into required languages and the addition of local requirements (e.g., Occupational Exposure Limits, Poison Centres) using internal SDS authoring software
- Evaluation of clients’ Hazard Communication documentation (inc. SDS and labelling) for compliance with global regulations
- Once competent, building client relationships through consultancy, training and negotiation
- Liaising with internal divisions to ensure client needs are fulfilled effectively
- Potential ability to train and present on Hazard Communication topics
Profile and Qualifications
- Existing knowledge of global classification systems (EU CLP, GHS, WHMIS etc.)
- Experience in industry with the implementation of GHS and authoring SDS
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Logical and analytical with the ability to solve problems quickly
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build rapport with clients
- Ability to successfully manage a fluctuating workload
- Good at working well on your own and as part of a growing dynamic team
- Works well under pressure
Dependent on location, we offer an excellent range of staff benefits, including:
- Pension Scheme and Medical Benefits
- Generous holidays
- Professional Development
- Social Culture
- Flexible working
Interested parties should apply a CV and covering letter. If you have any questions about the role or would like to have a confidential call please contact Kelly Hodkinson via the recruitment email address to organise.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or age.