- Post Date:23rd July 2021
- Views 322
U-POL is a leading supplier of bodyfiller, coatings, aerosols, abrasives, polishes and consumables to the car repair market with a market reputation for high quality products and sales to over 100 countries. U-POL manufactures in the UK at its Wellingborough site and has additional warehouse facilities in the USA, South Africa and Russia.
To work within the regulatory team to ensure compliance within existing legislation and anticipation of future legislative changes, to allow proactive preparation work within the technical team. To ensure that legislative and technical information is stored and administered in an appropriate fashion, with full version control and traceability.
- Monitor, implement and maintain compliance with changes in regulations for areas of sale for U-POLs key markets (UK, EU, US, CA, CN, AU and NZ) including but not limited to:
- Hazardous labelling- Retail and professional
- VOCs requirements
- Measurement requirements
- Related standards/directives e.g. EU aerosol directive
- CE marking
- Substance registrations
- Anticipate potential future regulatory actions that could impact the business and communicate to the wider business to aid planning
- Ensure that country specific regulatory reporting is carried out within the relevant markets.
- Assess regulatory conditions of new markets which includes countries of sale and uses prior to entry and implement.
- Ensure formulations, raw material hazard classifications and VOCs in regulatory software are up to date and maintained
- Create and update product SDSs and labels for both professional and retail to reflect new formulations as implemented by the organisation and raw material changes when communicated by suppliers for at least U-POLs key markets (UK, EU, US, CA, CN, AU and NZ.)
- Ensure that artwork and other technical literature meets legal minimum standards from a legislative perspective and that technical claims can be justified by data.
- Respond to regulatory requests such as formulation disclosure requests to government competent authorities or regulatory violations in a timely and professional manner
- Support the Quality and Regulatory Manager and the business in providing expert advice on regulatory topics.
- Manage the administration, version control, creation, amendments, storage and communication of technical data relevant to support performance claims.
- At least two years experience in a role involving legislative compliance preferably in a chemical manufacturing organisation..
- Knowledge of key legislative drivers of the global chemical industry, eg. REACH and VOC regulations.
- Degree qualified in a relevant subject or with comparable industrial experience: numerate, analytical and IT literate.
- Good team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Regulatory Manager.
To apply, please send your CV and Covering Letter to [email protected].