- Post Date:4th June 2021
- Views 182
Regional Controller – Scotland and North of England
As a Regional Controller, you will effectively manage the Decorating Centre (DC) Network team across the Scotland and North of England Region.
In this role you will lead and drive an engaged, sales focussed and robust team, to ensure both sales and margin performance to help deliver the Company’s financial objectives and strategies.
Encompassing approximately 30 Johnstones Decorating Stores within the area, significant travel should be expected.
Key Responsibilities, you will:-
- Run and develop the selling activities of the DC network in line with business strategy to deliver both Company and regional objectives.
- Drive cultural change and development across the region, conducting regular team meetings to provide leadership, direction, support and motivation.
- Recruit and provide leadership and guidance to District Operations Managers and Decorating Centre teams.
- Implement and ensure a formalised, structured sales approach, to ensure organic sales growth, meticulous price control, margin maximisation and compliance to company price architecture.
- Ensure that the zone management team are consistent in their activities to meet both legal and network standards.
- Maintain a full understanding of all policies relating to compliance and EHS, including financial procedures, security and HR legislation, taking full responsibility for all aspects of Health & Safety across the Zone.
- Previous experience of running a multi-site network of retail or trade outlets, preferably with B2B experience.
- A commercial approach to business, being able to quickly gain an in-depth understanding of the Company and its operational and sales procedures, working cross-functionally within the organisation.
- Excellent motivational, management and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication, with the ability to prepare reports and presentations.
- Able to disseminate information in a clear and concise manner under pressure and to deadlines!
- A full driving licence
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday – everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company.. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
The PPG Way
Every Single Day At PPG
We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical solutions that make a difference.
We are “One PPG” to the world.
We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we differentiate and disrupt our markets.
We trust our people every day, in every way.
We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear and actionable.
We make it happen.
We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We decide and act intelligently and quickly.
We run it like we own it.
We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We always act in the best interest of our company, customers, shareholders and our communities.
We do better today than yesterday – everyday.
We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our businesses.
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.