R&D Technician – North Bristol
- Post Date:2nd June 2021
- Views 811
As a leading and growing supplier of inks and coatings to the narrow web label market, Pulse Roll Label Products is seeking to enhance its technical department with an R&D Technician.
✓ Are you an analytical individual?
✓ Do you enjoy gathering information to analyse, problem solve and find
✓ Do you have a curious nature and love to be challenged?
If so, you could be a good fit for our team.
We are looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic individual that has a passion for science, particularly chemistry. You will be required to resolve technical enquiries, collaborate with other departments to carry out investigations, support our Production department with manufacturing issues and work closely with customers both on new development and current products.
Ideally, this position will suit a Chemistry graduate or an individual with experience in R&D. However, if you believe you have the skills and knowledge to join the team and make a difference then we want to hear from you!
- Planning, evaluating, and executing R&D experiments to assist with the development of new formulations and products.
- Recording and testing of new formulations.
- Contributing to development, scale up and manufacture of inks and coatings in
- cooperation with Production and Operations.
- Technical enquiries requiring development of improved products.
- Assistance during busy periods within house technical service enquiries by customers, to include colour matching, product improvement, investigation of customer complaints and internal production matters.
- Quality control including testing, maintenance, and update of records.
- Following Company, Health & Safety and Lean Manufacturing policy and procedures.
- Organising work in accordance with Company Lean principles, including Continuous Improvement, and 6S.
- Report writing and attendance at weekly meetings.
- Following standard laboratory practices.
- A Chemistry graduate or educated to ‘A’ level standard with one or two years of Laboratory experience in ink manufacture or coatings or a similar industry.
- Knowledge of colour theory beneficial. Candidate must be able to differentiate between colours.
- Strong practical skills.
- Positive attitude and eager to learn.
- A good communicator.
- A strong desire for excellence.
- Flexibility in working hours.
If you feel you do NOT have all the technical skills but have a passion for science and enjoy working with people, please apply!
This is a full-time role, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Salary is dependent on skills, ability, and experience. Benefits include 25 days annual holiday, pension scheme and free parking. This site is commutable by car, bus and train from Bristol and the surrounding areas.
If this role is of interest, please send your CV to [email protected]
About Pulse Roll Label Products
Pulse Roll Label Products Ltd is a privately-owned manufacturer of inks, varnishes and coatings for the global label and package printing market. Serving a UK and international customer base, our products are sold to narrow web printers that manufacture labels and packaging for many well-known consumer brands.
We are a fast-growing and innovative company, looking to attract top talent across a range of disciplines to join our team in Yate, North Bristol.
If you are seeking an opportunity to work in a fast-moving and exciting industry and are keen to develop and grow with an expanding UK manufacturing company, then we would love to hear from you.
For more information, please contact Caroline e: [email protected] or t: 01454 272 433.
Related Jobs (13)
Production Operative on 2nd June 2023 Full Time
Analytical Chemist on 2nd June 2023 Full Time
Technologist on 2nd June 2023 Full Time
Apprentice R & D on 2nd June 2023 Apprenticeship
Production Operatives on 2nd June 2023 Full Time
Logistics Manager on 19th May 2023 Full Time
Apprentice R & D on 12th May 2023 Apprenticeship
Operations Supervisor on 12th May 2023 Full Time
Material Handling Operator on 12th May 2023 Full Time
PDC Chemist on 12th May 2023 Full Time