R&D Lab Manager
- Post Date:13th July 2023
- Views 51
About the job
Mission of the role:
This position focuses on leading a technical team in the research and develop of new product technologies for both regional and global markets within the P&M division.
- Formulate strategies and action plans that ensure the department addresses its core objectives in a prioritised manner, and agree these with the management team and staff.
- Define performance criteria and standards which demonstrate the achievement of the above objectives
- With the management team, co-ordinate the implementation of agreed projects and action plans and establish mechanisms for continuous monitoring of performance against the defined criteria
- Regularly analyse performance data, implement improvement measures where appropriate and monitor subsequent performance to ensure the effectiveness of corrective action.
- Provide help and support for the management team and staff by taking the lead in process simplification, co-ordinating the most effective use of resources, and by adopting a supportive, coaching approach to management that encourages staff involvement and contribution.
- Actively promote the involvement of all staff in business development and other cross-functional activities – so that all are committed to co-operation with other departments and to bringing products to market quickly – to improve cross company teamwork and to increase the profile and involvement of technical staff in all areas of the company.
- Regularly report on departmental measures agreed with R&D Director and demonstrate the effective use of performance measures as a basis for continuous improvement.
- Through leadership and example promote technical excellence in R&D and Innovation to keep abreast of new technologies and technological opportunities which may be introduced into the company’s Research and Development programme.
- Through leadership and example, promote technical excellence and contribute to overall company knowledge of application techniques, technical developments in the marketplace, changes in customer requirements etc., by direct communication or by involvement in business planning processes.
- To ensure the health, safety and well-being of all staff, colleagues and customers by implementing, observing and promoting safe working practices at all times.
- To monitor performance of the department and use the data generated to identify and pursue opportunities for continuous improvement.
- To represent the company when required on industry committees specific to our focussed Markets
- Generates approaches to change that effectively challenge current practices and processes within the industry
- Interacts and influences other divisions
- Utilises industry trends and technical expertise for department and future business needs.
Leading a Culture of Trust & Integrity
- Exhibits complete integrity under all circumstances
Innovation & Facilitating Change
- Implements vision for company strategy/future may influence industry trends
Managing Work & Aligning Performance for Success
- Creates own project work based on industry trends and business needs
- Acts as a technical and professional resource to industry.
- Degree in Chemistry
- Ability to mentor other members of a team
- Extensive Project Management experience
Personal Qualities and Behaviours:
- A creative and innovative thinker
- Driven to succeed and self-motivated
- A good commercial understanding of how organisations operate
- Ability to organise and lead a team to achieve their goals
- Values strong team work.
- Decision maker and problem solver
- Inspirational and strong leadership qualities. Excellent interpersonal, influencing, coaching and negotiating skills
- A proven track record in managing change within a diverse environment. An articulate communicator both written and verbal.
- Ability to effectively build and manage relationships. Has enthusiasm and patience to develop others.
- Numerically astute with the ability to analyse data and drive the appropriate action
- Professional and positive attitude with a high standard of work ethics
- Passionate about sustaining standards as a base from which to improve. Produces dynamic and creative but appropriate improvement.
- Proficient at producing and presenting proposals and able to demonstrate objective analytical skills and business acumen. Systematic. Completer finisher. Good Project management skills.
- Continuous improvement is a core value.
- Passionate about recognising good performance and not accepting poor performance
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $18 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
At Sherwin-Williams, we’re proud of the company we keep — our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
- Please note that Sherwin Williams is unable to respond to any enquiries, accept CVs or applications from Recruitment Agencies**
Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law .
GBR Bolton Plant
Bolton , BL2 2AL
Jun 16, 2023
US Dollar (USD)