R&D Industrial Placement
- Post Date:21st October 2022
- Views 80
We’ve been pioneering a world of possibilities to bring surfaces to life for well over 200 years. As experts in making coatings, there’s a good chance you’re only ever a few meters away from one of our products. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. We’re active in more than 150 countries and have set our sights on becoming the global industry leader. It’s what you’d expect from the most sustainable paints company, which has been inventing the future for more than two centuries.R&D Industrial Placement
1 Year placement starting July 2023
Multiple roles available
£20,000 per annum plus relocation allowance*
Felling, Gateshead, Tyne & Wear
R&D Industrial Placement – Introduction
If you are expecting a minimum 2:1 in Chemistry and are keen to put your learning into practice and gain valuable experience, this is an incredible opportunity to develop your skills in a business that is a world expert in making coatings. Operating in over 150 countries, AkzoNobel is home to well-known brands and has been awarded Top Employer status in the UK and Europe. We are now recruiting for our R&D Industrial Placement programme based at our development laboratories in Felling, Gateshead. These industrial placements are ideal for science graduates who want to be heavily involved in practical laboratory testing and research.
R&D Industrial Placement – The Role
- Apply academic theory in a corporate environment
- Screen new coatings technologies
- Develop concepts that may be applicable to future products
- Train in all aspects of working in the laboratory using established test methods
- Follow standard operating procedures to complete projects to agreed schedules
- Write basic test reports & present findings
- Enjoy training covering theory, equipment & software
- Operate safely
R&D Industrial Placement – About You
- Expecting a minimum 2:1 degree or equivalent* on a Chemistry course that offers you the option of taking a Year in Industry.
- Chemistry/Polymer Chemistry Degree or a related discipline
- Experience of laboratory work
- Good at following procedures & working safely
- Strong PC skills, an eye for detail & an effective team worker
- Has ideas & the energy & determination to make them happen
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Wants to work in an international environment
- Enjoys a collaborative working environment where supporting colleagues is key
R&D Industrial Placement – What Is In It For You
We offer great personal development opportunities and roles with breadth, depth of scope and impact. We also offer comprehensive packages including:
- Competitive Salary (depending on experience)
- 25 days holiday excluding bank holidays
- Income protection
- Staff discount at Dulux Decorator Centre stores
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Life Assurance
- Company pension
- Flexible benefits scheme offering benefits including retail card, dental cover and more!
R&D Industrial Placement – How To Apply
Apply online via the link below and we will get back to you.
We have been inventing the future for more than two centuries and need people like you to be part of the team.
We are advocates of a healthy work life balance and mental wellbeing. We may consider flexible working for this role.
Applications close 2nd November 2022.. First stage interviews to be held in November followed by an assessment centre.
- Restrictions apply
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
Requisition ID: 25094
Related Jobs (18)
HSE Coordinator on 21st December 2023
Premium Product Manager EMEA on 9th February 2024
Business Development Manager, EMEA New Markets on 21st December 2023
Process Engineer – Shildon on 29th January 2024
National Key Account Manager – Main Contractor and Residential Builders on 29th January 2024
Sales Assistant (FT, 39 Hours) – Burton on Trent on 29th January 2024
Sales Assistant – Watford – F/T39 Hours on 29th January 2024
Warehouse Operative – Carrickfergus on 29th January 2024
Raw Materials Quality Manager on 29th January 2024