R&D Industrial Placement Birmingham
- Post Date:27th September 2023
- Views 94
Date: 27 Sep 2023
Location: Birmingham, GB
We supply the sustainable and innovative paints and coatings that our customers, communities – and the environment – are increasingly relying on. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. We’re active in more than 150 countries and have set our sights on becoming the global industry leader. It’s what you’d expect from a pioneering paints company that’s committed to science-based targets and is taking genuine action to address globally relevant challenges and protect future generations.
For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
© 2023 Akzo Nobel N.V. All rights reserved.
R&D Industrial Placement
1 Year placement starting July 2024
£21,000 per annum plus relocation allowance*
Birmingham, West Midlands
R&D Industrial Placement – Introduction
If you are expecting a minimum 2:1 in a relevant science subject, ideally Chemistry materials science or similar and have A levels in scientific disciplines including chemistry and are keen to put your learning into practice and gain valuable experience, this is an incredible opportunity to develop your skills in a business that is a world expert in making coatings. Operating in over 150 countries, AkzoNobel is home to well-known brands, such as Dulux, and has been awarded Top Employer status in the UK and Europe. We are now recruiting for our R&D Industrial Placement programme, giving you the chance to work on ‘real life’ new product development projects for our Packaging Coatings business while being mentored by experienced R&D professionals.
R&D Industrial Placement – The Role
• Apply academic theory in a corporate environment.
• Collaborate with colleagues to plan & organise work.
• Carry out mechanical/chemical testing using established test methods.
• Prepare lacquer samples/coated panels/cans for evaluation
• Interrogate & record results, draw conclusions & make recommendations.
• Create reports & presentations to communicate results.
• Support ongoing & future research projects.
• Operate safely in line with department and site health and safety policies and procedures.
R&D Industrial Placement – About You
• A-level or equivalent in scientific disciplines including disciplines
• Excellent practical and laboratory skills.
• Ability to interrogate & interpret experimental data.
• Good at following procedures & working safely
• Proficient in MS Office & has an eye for detail
• Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
• Enjoys a collaborative working environment where supporting colleagues is key
R&D Industrial Placement – What Is In It For You
We offer great personal development opportunities and roles with breadth, depth of scope and impact. We also offer comprehensive packages including:
• Competitive Salary (depending on experience)
• 25 days holiday excluding bank holidays
• Income protection
• Staff discount at Dulux Decorator Centre stores
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Employee Life Assurance
• Company pension
• Flexible benefits scheme offering benefits including Gymflex, retail card, dental cover and more!
R&D Industrial Placement – How to Apply
We have been inventing the future for more than two centuries and need people like you to be part of the team. Apply online via the link and we will get right back to you.
We are advocates of a healthy work life balance and mental wellbeing. We are happy
to look at flexible working options for all our roles.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The closing date for this role is COP 25 October 2023 with first stage telephone interviews to be held early November.
At AkzoNobel we are highly committed to ensuring an inclusive and respectful workplace where all employees can be their best self. We strive to embrace diversity in a context of tolerance. Our talent acquisition process plays an integral part in this journey, as setting the foundations for a diverse environment. For this reason we train and educate on the implications of our Unconscious Bias in order for our TA and hiring managers to be mindful of them and take corrective actions when applicable. In our organization, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
To Apply, Please Visit: R&D Industrial Placement (akzonobel.com)
Related Jobs (21)
Chemical Operator 3rd shift on 8th December 2023
Laboratory Technician R&D on 8th December 2023
Customer Services Representative on 8th December 2023
Systems Analyst on 8th December 2023
Supply Chain Analyst (Undergraduate Placement Scheme) – Birstall on 8th December 2023
Marketing Assistant (Undergraduate Placement Scheme) – Birstall on 8th December 2023
Customer Service Support Representative on 13th October 2023
Laboratory Technician (Undergraduate Placement Student) – Shildon on 13th October 2023
Marketing Assistant (Undergraduate Placement Scheme) – Birstall on 8th November 2023
Sales Assistant / Driver on 13th August 2023