R&D Industrial Placement Gateshead
- Post Date:27th September 2023
- Views 45
Date: 27 Sep 2023
Location: Gateshead, GB
We supply the sustainable and innovative paints and coatings that our customers, communities – and the environment – are increasingly relying on. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. We’re active in more than 150 countries and have set our sights on becoming the global industry leader. It’s what you’d expect from a pioneering paints company that’s committed to science-based targets and is taking genuine action to address globally relevant challenges and protect future generations.
For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
© 2023 Akzo Nobel N.V. All rights reserved.
R&D Industrial Placement
1 Year placement starting July 2024
£21,000 per annum plus relocation allowance**
Felling, Gateshead, Tyne & Wear
R&D Industrial Placement – Introduction
If you are expecting a minimum 2:1 in Chemistry and are keen to put your learning into practice and gain valuable experience, this is an incredible opportunity to develop your skills in a business that is a world expert in making coatings. Operating in over 150 countries, AkzoNobel is home to well-known brands, such as Dulux the UK’s favourite paint, and has been awarded Top Employer status in the UK and Europe. We have several positions available for Chemistry students all based at our development laboratories in Felling, Gateshead. Each student will work on a particular project or within a specific team, the focus of which may be synthesis, material formulation and/or material testing whilst working on your specific project you will be mentored by experienced R&D professionals.
R&D Industrial Placement – The Role
• Apply academic theory in a corporate environment.
• Screen new coatings technologies.
• Develop concepts that may be applicable to future products.
• Train in all aspects of working in the laboratory using established test methods.
• Collaborate with team colleagues to plan & carry out experimental work to deadlines.
• Follow standard operating procedures to complete projects to agreed schedules.
• Write basic test reports & present findings.
• Enjoy training covering theory, equipment & software.
• Work safely.
R&D Industrial Placement – About You
• Expecting a minimum 2:1 degree or equivalent* on a Chemistry course that offers you the option of taking a Year in Industry.
• Chemistry/Polymer Chemistry Degree or a related discipline.
• Experience of laboratory work.
• Good at following procedures & working safely.
• Strong PC skills, an eye for detail & an effective team worker.
• Has ideas & the energy & determination to make them happen.
• Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
• Wants to work in an international environment.
• Enjoys a collaborative working environment where supporting colleagues is key.
R&D Industrial Placement – What Is In It For You
We offer great personal development opportunities and roles with breadth, depth of scope and impact. We also offer comprehensive packages including:
• Competitive Salary (depending on experience)
• 25 days holiday excluding bank holidays
• Income protection
• Staff discount at Dulux Decorator Centre stores
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Employee Life Assurance
• Company pension
• Flexible benefits scheme offering benefits including retail card, dental cover and more!
R&D Industrial Placement – How to Apply
Apply online via the link below and we will get back to you.
We have been inventing the future for more than two centuries and need people like you to be part of the team.
We are advocates of a healthy work life balance and mental wellbeing. We may consider flexible working for this role.
* Please visit the FAQ section of our website for equivalencies in your country.
** Restrictions apply
The closing date for this role is COP 25 October 2023 with first stage telephone interviews to be held early November.
At AkzoNobel we are highly committed to ensuring an inclusive and respectful workplace where all employees can be their best self. We strive to embrace diversity in a context of tolerance. Our talent acquisition process plays an integral part in this journey, as setting the foundations for a diverse environment. For this reason we train and educate on the implications of our Unconscious Bias in order for our TA and hiring managers to be mindful of them and take corrective actions when applicable. In our organization, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
To Apply, Please Visit: R&D Industrial Placement (akzonobel.com)
Related Jobs (21)
Chemical Operator 3rd shift on 8th December 2023
Laboratory Technician R&D on 8th December 2023
Customer Services Representative on 8th December 2023
Systems Analyst on 8th December 2023
Supply Chain Analyst (Undergraduate Placement Scheme) – Birstall on 8th December 2023
Marketing Assistant (Undergraduate Placement Scheme) – Birstall on 8th December 2023
Customer Service Support Representative on 13th October 2023
Laboratory Technician (Undergraduate Placement Student) – Shildon on 13th October 2023
Marketing Assistant (Undergraduate Placement Scheme) – Birstall on 8th November 2023
Sales Assistant / Driver on 13th August 2023