Raw Materials Quality Manager
- Post Date:29th January 2024
- Views 53
About the job
About The Organization
Sun Chemical, a member of the DIC Group, is a leading producer of packaging and graphic solutions, color and display technologies, functional products, electronic materials, and products for the automotive and healthcare industries. Together with DIC, Sun Chemical is continuously working to promote and develop sustainable solutions to exceed customer expectations and better the world around us. With combined annual sales of more than $8.5 billion and 22,000+ employees worldwide, the DIC Group companies support a diverse collection of global customers.
Sun Chemical Corporation is a subsidiary of Sun Chemical Group Coöperatief U.A., the Netherlands, and is headquartered in Parsippany, New Jersey, U.S.A. For more information, please visit our website at www.sunchemical.com or connect with us on LinkedIn or Twitter.
Thanks to our innovative products and great team – we are proud that the business is continuing to grow, we now have an opportunity for Raw Materials Quality Manager to join our professional Operations team based in Midsomer Norton.
- Develop and promote Specific test techniques for incoming raw materials used within the Printing & Packaging Materials, Advanced Materials business units.
- Develop a risk-based categorisation system for raw materials, and establish a risk based approach to raw material use and changes.
- Promote best practice, quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the organisation.
- Drive raw material risk philosophy throughout the Printing & Packaging Materials, Advanced Materials business.
- Monitor and report on trends to ensure that any potential future RM / process variability is identified and communicated to ensure process and product consistency.
- Utilizes the Capability Studies, Process Control, Product Compliance and Measurement Systems to ensure compliance to agreed materials specifications.
- Support Customer Complaints & Customer Satisfaction systems e.g. EtQ
- Supplier facing interactions with respect to quality issues around raw materials and packaging.
- Support and on occasion lead raw material and packaging change control processes (Management of Change – MOC).
- Liaise with the purchasing functions in the event of raw material / packaging issues, carrying out supplier audits where required.
- Act as the conduit between onsite and off-site functions on all aspects of raw material variations.
- Management of raw material shelf-life processes
- Safety Commitment
Qualifications / Experience Critical For The Job Holder
- University degree, or equivalent, in Chemistry or related discipline
- Previous experience in a chemical environment
- Auditor with experience of dealing with external parties
- Confident communicator at all levels
- Ability to set clear priorities and react to business needs
- People influencer – encouraging others to adopt a quality culture
- Trend analysis skills to prevent out of tolerance conditions
- Competitive Salary depending on experience
- Company pension
- Competitive holiday entitlement increasing with service
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Flexible working
- Further training opportunities
- Access to discounts and savings at some of the UK’s biggest retailers
- Free onsite parking
No agencies please.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Do you have any questions regarding the application process? Please feel free to get in touch with us. You can contact our recruiting team at: [email protected]
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is Sun’s policy that applicants for employment are recruited, selected, and hired on the basis of individual merit and ability with respect to the position being filled. Sun prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identify, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by applicable law.
To Apply Please Visit: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3806034987
Related Jobs (8)
HSE Coordinator on 21st December 2023
Premium Product Manager EMEA on 9th February 2024
Business Development Manager, EMEA New Markets on 21st December 2023
Sales Representative Coatings on 29th January 2024
PDC Chemist on 29th January 2024
Shopper Brand Manager Trade on 29th January 2024
Marketing Manager EMEA on 29th January 2024