Quality Control Technician
- Post Date:20th August 2021 13984
- Views 253
Quality Control Techician
The inspection, testing, modification and final approval of Finished Products, Intermediates and Solvents
- Inspection and testing of Products Intermediates and solvents manufactured on the shop floor. This will include, Viscosity Tests (viscosity cup/viscometers), Colour Matching using computer colour software but also visually by eye, Adhesion testing, Grind Checks, Spray Outs.
- Operation of Analytical Equipment; FTIR, Karl Fischer, Autotitrator, Rheometer.
- Entering Test Data into the Quality Control Database and recording Additions data etc.
- Determination of any additions which need to be made to adjust the formulations to within the set criteria specification, enabling the product to pass the quality control requirements.
- Depending on the product quality, approving or rejecting manufactured products based upon the above testing.
- Preparation of Pre-batch samples, sample panels and approval forms for product submissions to the Coil Coating companies.
- Preparation, labelling and filing of retained sample panels.
- Carry out internal calibration checks according to the laboratory’s calibration procedures.
- Adhering to the health and safety guidelines as determined by the Health and Safety Manager and the findings of any subsequent risk assessments.
- Assist in the transfer of knowledge to improve the skills and performance of the production operators.
- Actively participate in the company’s continuous improvement programs.
- Clean and maintain all test equipment, benches, spray booths and floor space periodically, in line with the requirements of 5S and the ‘QC Weekly Checklist’.
- Work to and continually improve our 5S procedures for the Quality Control Laboratory.
- Carry out such additional duties as may reasonably be required by any Manager.
- Preferably experience of working in a Laboratory environment (Ideally in a Quality Control Capacity)
- Preferably educated to A Level/ HNC in a scientific discipline, preferably Chemistry.
- Computer literacy required including Outlook, Word, Excel etc.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment and working under pressure.
- An effective communicator who is confident using initiative when necessary
- A team player with attention to detail and good workload management skills
- Experience using analytical equipment eg. FTIR, DSE, Rheometers, MFI and Particle Size Analysers
- Experience in the Coatings Industry and working to 5S and ISO9001/ TS16949 requirement
- Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week. 08:00am to 4:00pm with a 30 minute meal break
(Shift Roto 10% – current working hours 0600 – 1400, 0800 – 1600 and 1300 – 2100)
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday – everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
The PPG Way
Every Single Day At PPG
We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical solutions that make a difference.
We are “One PPG” to the world.
We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we differentiate and disrupt our markets.
We trust our people every day, in every way.
We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear and actionable.
We make it happen.
We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We decide and act intelligently and quickly.
We run it like we own it.
We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We always act in the best interest of our company, customers, shareholders and our communities.
We do better today than yesterday – everyday.
We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our businesses.
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.