Quality Control Engineer
- Post Date:22nd July 2022
- Views 130
At HP, we believe one thoughtful idea has the power to change the world! Our Centre of Excellence of Sustainable Packaging, based in Edinburgh, is working to create a more sustainable world through out innovative paper bottle technology. We are positioned to disrupt the $10 billion fiber-based packaging market and drive environmental sustainability in support of HP’s broader sustainability goals. There are more than 150 million tons of single-use plastics produced each year and HP intends to disrupt this market with fiber-based, 100% plastic-free packaging.
This is a unique opportunity to join the HP Centre of Excellence of Sustainable Packaging and have full exposure to one of the most exciting technologies and innovative businesses at HP Inc.
We are looking for a talented Quality Control Engineer that has a desire to shape our growth and maintain our very high standards. This is a fantastic opportunity to shape the growth of our production & contribute to our ambitions scale up growth plans.
Responsibilities For The Quality Control Engineer
- Monitoring an entire production process and performing regular tests to identify potential problems and malfunctions in the early stages
- Identifying the root causes of technical issues and performing debugging procedures or recommending fixes
- Preparing reports and documentations on malfunctions and corrective measures
- Reviewing product blueprints and quality documentations
- Working with internal teams to improve the quality of products for enhancing customer satisfaction
- Develop and execute the project-specific QA/QC Plan with scopes of work and work procedures in coordination with the project safety plan
- Understand the project execution plan and coordinate Quality Control procedures at appropriate stages of the work and in line with the project schedule.
- Coordinating with external Quality Assurance Auditors and Technicians to ensure legal compliance
Requirements For The Quality Engineer
- Ability to take the initiative and make sound judgments in work methods and interpreting goals
- Ability to work independently and in teams with infrequent supervision and reviewing
- High attention to details to ensure proper manufacturing, installation and operation of products
- Good analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills and the ability to conduct root cause analyses and devise suitable preventive action plans
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate new processes clearly and document critical aspects of the job
- Sincere work ethic for adhering to standards and managing potential harmful effects on timelines and budget, and the ability to operate under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and team-player skills
- Good mathematical skills and proficiency with computer software such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Minimum education requirement is a Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, manufacturing, industrial, production engineering or another related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the same or similar role
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you.
So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it’s just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!