- Post Date:11th March 2022 14254
- Views 72
We are a speciality chemical company and one of the world’s leading suppliers of aqueous polymers. Our polymers help customers create new products and enhance the performance of existing products in key industries such as coatings, construction, textiles, paper and synthetic latex gloves. Our business has grown significantly over the last 5 years with 2018 revenues of more than £1.6 billion, our robust financial performance ensures we are well positioned to continue to invest for long-term growth. We employ 2900 people across 25 sites, our headquarters are based in London with regional innovation centres in UK, Germany, Malaysia and the USA, as well as operational centres in Europe, North America, the Middle East and Asia.
Purpose Of The Job
To take samples and then run samples of raw material, intermediates, effluent and final product through a variety of laboratory tests, following a procedure. Working closely with the Quality Manager to ensure results are reported on the appropriate paper/electronic record systems. Provide input into the Morning Production Meeting, Waste Meeting or other meetings as required. Communicating quality issues to multiple teams. Taking part in lab clean-down and organisation, ordering testing materials and repairs as required.
- Ensure safety compliance in all laboratory/site work tasks
- Ensure laboratory procedures are followed whilst carrying out tests
- Ensure samples are taken on time from site to laboratory
- Prioritise tests according to site need
- Record Quality Results in various data systems
- Ensure the laboratory is organised for efficiency and kept clean at all times
- Put in job cards for repair of faulty equipment/arrange annual inspections of equipment
- Communicate abnormal results to relevant teams in a timely manner
- Ensure all documentation is complete and accurately
- Input into the morning production meeting, waste meeting or other meetings as required
Knowledge And Skills
- Previous experience of working in a Quality Control Laboratory
- Batchelors in Chemistry considered a plus
In addition, we offer a highly desirable benefits package:
Private health insurance
Company bonus scheme
Cycle to work scheme
Company social events throughout the year
We are ambitious!
We have grown significantly – both organically and inorganically. We are a FTSE 250 listed company, 22% of our revenue comes from newly commercialized products, and we’re recognized in the top-quartile for chemicals manufacturing safety.
We believe in high challenge, high support!
We are keen to let you contribute in real roles from day 1. We expect a lot, but offer a lot, too. This includes onboarding, induction and learning events, networking opportunities, mentoring and personal development planning. So, be up for an inspiring long-term career adventure.
We personalize our approach to development!
At Synthomer, you won’t find generic career tracks or development programs but rather a one-size-fits-one approach to employee development. We’ll partner with you to ensure you have the right experiences that build your capabilities and accelerate your career growth.