- Post Date:29th April 2022 14384
- Views 38
- Experience Entry
Quality Control /Tinter based Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Join us and become part of a great team manufacturing trusted decorative coating products
We have an exciting opportunity for a candidate to join our established QC team here at Crown Paints, which is a part of the Hempel Group, at our UK Manufacturing Plant based in Hull, East Yorkshire. Following significant recent investment to upgrade and modernise our manufacturing site we now have the very best equipment and facilities to support achievement of our goals and meet our customers’ requirements. Crown Paints are at the heart of Hempel’s ambitious growth strategy and are looking for a motivated and driven individual to join our team.
What can you expect as a Quality Control Operative?
Key Responsibilities Include
Working upon Crown’s Hull site as part of this role, you’ll be working at the heart of our business, testing .
- Use prescribed test methods to test paint and raw materials according to the products specification and make adjustments or additions to meet the specification and colour tinting requirements as necessary.
- React to plant issues so as to maintain maximum production flow with minimum disruption and downtime whilst maintaining optimum product quality.
- Calibrate & maintain departmental equipment in line with established procedures
- Accurately maintain the quality database and SAP system records
- Ensure inventory accuracy using techniques such as cycle counting.
- Maintain the highest standards of plant hygiene through regular testing and controlling to the required standards
- Supporting Crown Paint’s Sustainability commitment by eliminating or reducing waste, and ensuring any waste generated is processed through appropriate streams.
- Active participation in Continuous Improvement activities, examples of such being 6S, 5 Box (Why, Why) Analysis, Kaizen.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required to succeed in this role
Ideally you will be educated to A level standard or equivalent although we are willing to consider other applicants who have experience of paint manufacture, tinting or laboratory work. Clear preference will be given to those who can both demonstrate sound practical experience in these areas and a willingness to undertake further training as required. We would like candidates to possess a good standard of PC literacy and familiarity with ERP systems such as SAP and Microsoft Office would be ideal.
You will also be required to work to tight deadlines and follow standard operating procedures whilst ensuring quality and pride in your work, therefore it is essential that you are organised and have great attention to detail. As an individual you will have a drive to succeed, a can-do attitude and be a great team player. Our staff often work flexibly across roles and areas and we would wish for our new team members to do the same with training and support.
The role will work across all 3 of our shifts providing holiday cover and absence cover therefore you will need to be flexible with your hours of work as you will not have a set rota pattern. Our operations work on a 3 shift pattern Sunday to Friday and on occasions there is a requirement to work overtime at weekends. You will be contracted for 37 hours per week. Due to the need to move across all 3 shifts this role will attract a 3 shift premium. Further details will be discussed at interview.
Production, Quality Assurance
Crown Paints is one of UK’s most renown paint manufacturers and we have been manufacturing for over 200 years, with over 60 years proudly holding the Royal Warrant. However, what really sets Crown apart is the support we provide for cultural, humanitarian and scientific causes across the world through our ownership structure. Crown Paints is part of the Hempel Group, which gives our company stability and our employees extended, global career possibilities.