QC Technician (Secondment, 6 Months) - Birstall
- Post Date:12th November 2021
- Views 208
As a QC Technician, you will ensure all incoming raw materials, manufactured intermediates and finished products meet the pre-set specifications in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all batches are tested to the specification quoted in accordance with ISO 9001 Quality Assurance system.
- Record any non-conformances to specification.
- Make corrective actions to achieve specification in a constructive and timely manner.
- Ensure representative samples from each tested batch are retained, along with any respective documentation in a systematic and retrievable manner.
- Ensure accurate recording of all test results to assist in the technical audits and reviews.
- Maintain good laboratory practices to provide a clean and safe working environment through the application of 5S principles.
- Good colour evaluation skills!
- High standard of literacy and numerical skills.
- Proficiency in Datastor and Overall Equipment Effectiveness systems (Desirable).
- Previous experience of team working within a Production environment.
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday – everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
The PPG Way
Every Single Day At PPG
We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical solutions that make a difference.
We are “One PPG” to the world.
We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we differentiate and disrupt our markets.
We trust our people every day, in every way.
We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear and actionable.
We make it happen.
We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We decide and act intelligently and quickly.
We run it like we own it.
We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We always act in the best interest of our company, customers, shareholders and our communities.
We do better today than yesterday – everyday.
We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our businesses.
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.