Project Support Engineer
- Post Date:9th June 2023
- Views 68
About the job
Are you ready to embark on a thrilling journey where your engineering skills will shape the future of paint innovation?Our main Crown Paints manufacturing plant in Hull, East Yorkshire is seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic Project Support Engineer to join our team. As a world-class leader in the paint industry, we are dedicated to pushing boundaries, delivering excellence, and transforming spaces with our vibrant colours. This is your opportunity to be part of an exciting adventure and make a lasting impact!Support site project teams in the full cycle delivery of projects from initial scoping and concept, to handover to site teams upon completion.A Project Support Engineer is the driving force that propels projects forward, ensuring seamless coordination, effective communication, and ultimate project triumph.The overarching aim of this role is to support all aspects of CapEx Projects deliveries, from scoping projects at their outset, to their successful installation and commissioning. This will include both hands on work and the management of 3rd party contractors.Here are some of the other things you can look forward to:
- Full project cycle coordination, including reporting on performance, tracking KPIs, managing project files, participating in regular project briefings, supervising progress against deadlines and maintaining a strong focus on health & safety
- Supervision and management of internal colleagues & third party contractors onsite, ensuring site rules and procedures are followed and maintained though a projects implementation
- Ensure that Crown Paints employees and any outside contractor/agencies working on a project are fully inducted, adhere and operate to acceptable standards of our business principles and comply with risk assessments and method statements as agreed for any particular project
- Support site engineering teams with technical support and guidance
- Drive the continuous improvement activities as part of the engineering culture
What will you need to be successful?
- Strong background in a manufacturing multi-skilled maintenance environment as a fully qualified Engineering Technician.
- Previous supervisory experience in third party contractor management
- Demonstrable knowledge of General Digital (IT) (Microsoft office Suite)
- Project Management knowledge and experience, understanding project life cycles and methodology
- Appreciation of internal customer requirements/needs and a high level of stakeholder awareness.
- Strong positive leadership and persuasion skills.
- Strong motivation and delegation skills used to optimise project performance.
With great work, comes great reward!Crown Paints, a part of Hempel, have been manufacturing for over 200 years, with over 60 years proudly holding the Royal Warrant. Alongside our attractive base salary and excellent working environment, other benefits we offer include:
- 28 days basic annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays)
- Generous pension plan
- Discount on our products & vouchers online
- Many health & wellbeing benefits including healthcare options
- Be part of a leading and innovative paint manufacturing company with a rich heritage and a commitment to quality.
- Collaborate with a diverse and dedicated team of specialists who are passionate about their work.
- Exciting opportunities for personal and professional growth in a supportive and dynamic environment.
- Located in the vibrant city of Hull, offering a great quality of life with a blend of culture, history, and a stunning waterfront.
Application and further informationTo apply for this position, please submit your application letter with a CV in English via no later than 25th June 2023.