- Post Date:26th August 2022
- Views 94
As Production Technician you will be responsible for processing in coming material in accordance with procedures and techniques with full regard to environmental impact, safety, accuracy, equipment care and precious metal control. You will-
- Operate plant and machinery such as mills, fork lift trucks and other equipment as per standard operating procedures and risk assessments.
- Carry out preventative maintenance on plant and machinery as per operating procedures and risk assessments.
- Conduct operations in line with health, safety, and environmental responsibilities, whilst maintaining compliance through regular compulsory training.
- Assist customers and their representatives whilst on site to process material, gaining quality assured representative samples for onwards processing.
- Complete relevant documentation, both manual and IT based, to ensure accurate traceability of all weights and material data from goods receipt to final shipment.
- You have a good level of secondary education (at least O-Level equivalent) including a very good level of numeracy and literacy, and a high level of accuracy.
- You have experiencing in operating plant machinery including fork trucks and gantry cranes beneficial but not essential.
- You have good I.T. skills, Excel as a minimum but preferably including SAP.
- You are prepared to work shifts in line with business requirements.
- Finally, you have the ability to work individually, and as part of a diverse team, to achieve challenging deadlines without compromise on safety or quality.
Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and “on-the-job” training as part of a committed team.
At BASF we offer a total package which includes not only an attractive salary and bonus but also benefits including a defined contribution pension scheme; a share scheme; private healthcare and life insurance to name a few.
Closing date- 5 September 2022
BASF Metals Recycling Limited, a BASF Group company, specialises in recycling catalytic converters. We have an excellent reputation for flexible and rapid customer service.
BASF is committed to creating a diverse inclusive environment for all employees. We are a signatory of the BITC race at Work Charter and we partner with Stonewall and Wise, as part of our commitment to action on Race, LGBT and Gender.
We are an equal opportunities employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex,
national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law and all recruitment assessments will be made without reference to age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status and other protected characteristics. We are keen to increase the numbers of underrepresented groups and we particularly welcome applicants from ethnic minority groups.
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us – in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.
Please note that we do not return paper applications including folders. Please submit copies only and no original documents.
Please upload the documents, summarized in a PDF if possible.
Related Jobs (4)
Logistics Manager on 19th May 2023 Full Time
Operations Supervisor on 12th May 2023 Full Time
Material Handling Operator on 12th May 2023 Full Time
FLT Operator on 21st April 2023 Full Time