Production Team Lead
- Post Date:11th March 2022
- Views 520
Domino Printing Sciences provides industrial printing expertise and reliable solutions to help the world’s manufacturers be sustainable and cut waste, while attracting, informing, and protecting consumers. Global manufacturers across the food and beverage, life sciences, personal care, agrochemical, and industrial sectors trust Domino to support them with innovative coding, marking, and digital printing solutions. Our products help ensure the success of manufacturers’ products by allowing them to create differentiated packaging, protect against counterfeiting, and ensure governmental and regulatory compliance. From best before dates on eggs, to serialised identifying codes on medicines, to batch codes on electronic components, to competition codes in confectionery, Domino helps to enable product safety, improved supply chain management and brand protection.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Production Team Leader to join the Operational team at our Bootle site in Liverpool. Reporting to the UK Fluids Director, you will be responsible for leading and managing the production facility to ensure that quality, cost and delivery targets are achieved in line with agreed KPIs whilst ensuring the highest levels of safety, health and environmental performance.
This role demands a proactive approach to raise the overall performance in line with business and departmental objectives and plays a critical role in developing high performing teams, as well as effectively working alongside other critical departments such as Planning, Engineering and Despatch to ensure the operations run smoothly and on target.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide effective leadership to the day to day operations of both departments, meeting customer requirements and efficiency targets.
- Liaise directly with the Planning Team to ensure production volumes are achieved as promised.
- Evaluate Manufacturing Capacity across different stages of production and plan ahead for the forecasted volumes.
- Ensure a robust and clearly communicated safe system of work is applied for all activities taking place across the site and developing and implementing Risk Assessment’s within the Manufacturing Team.
- Manage and lead the team to achieve targets and KPIs in line with product quality, cost and on-time delivery.
- Ensure accountability and accuracy of the material across different stages at Production.
- Experience in working with and adhering to ISO9001, ISO45001 and ISO14001
- Demonstrate and role modelling the Company values and leadership behaviours
- Manage any employee issues within the department, including disciplinary, absence management, engagement, performance and development reviews, etc.
- Coach and develop the Production Coordinators by identifying, developing, and staffing the organizational capabilities in line with operations objectives.
- Ensure the completion of training for all new starters, agency workers and annual training for existing employees
You will have a wealth of experience within a similar environment. You should be passionate about our customers (internal and external), people and processes with a strong desire to continuously develop and improve manufacturing processes within a challenging working environment.
You will be a strong influencer within you peer group, an excellent communicator and competent in people leadership to drive high performance from the Manufacturing team. The ideal candidate will be commercially astute and be able to demonstrate resilience, flexibility and adaptability when dealing with a high workload.
Domino is investing in a continuous improvement culture, adopting Lean practices and the ideal candidate will be motivated by the opportunity to be instrumental in driving positive change to contribute to the company’s continued growth and success.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Technical degree or equivalent experience
- IOSH accredited training desirable
- Candidates will have experience in leading teams within a manufacturing environment with proven people leadership skills
- Experience in using lean tools and root cause analysis to solve problems
- Understanding of 5s and workplace visual management
- Experience of working within a multi-national organisation with a matrix management culture is desirable
Due to the nature of this role the successful candidate will need Aviation Security Clearance. Therefore Aviation Background checks as specified by the Civil Aviation Authority – including a DBS check and 5 years’ employment/educational references will need to be completed via our HR department before the successful candidate can start the role.
What you can expect
As a talented individual working at Domino you can expect a competitive salary and a generous benefits package, including 25 days basic holiday (with the opportunity to buy and sell), a discretionary bonus, life insurance, medical insurance and access to the Green Car Scheme to name a few! We are a highly successful company, we’re large enough to offer career development opportunities yet small enough for your contribution to be readily recognised and rewarded. Our culture is built on our core values, Collaboration, Listening, Expertise, Ambition and Responsibility. We think Domino is a great place to work and if you join us, you’ll find yourself part of organisation which really cares about their people, as well as offering challenging and rewarding careers.
Positions may be at an advanced stage of the recruitment process and can close at any time.