- Post Date:19th January 2023
- Views 62
Plascoat now part of the Axalta Coating Systems has been working in the thermoplastic powder coating industry for over 60 years and has a unique blend of experience, from formulation and powder manufacture to coating and equipment.
Today we combine this knowledge and understanding of the market to design the best protective thermoplastic powder coatings available. We have a wide range of products to deal with all coating scenarios, from harsh corrosive environments to the coating of playground equipment, and pride ourselves on having the greenest and safest solutions in the industry.
The Production Operator has direct responsibility for the manufacturing processes they are allocated within their shift and has a working relationship with the Production Supervisor(s), Production Planning & Purchasing Manager, Quality / H&S Manager – Plant & Process Engineering Manager – Maintenance Supervisor and GPPL Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Duties and Responsibilities: This is a 100% ‘hands on role’.
- Work within allocated Team to achieve planned manufacturing in line with shift resource availability and efficiency requirements.
- Ensure all production related documentation is available in advance of manufacturing commencement and enter related details throughout shift
- Ensure that one’s timekeeping is in line with company expectations and that any absence is notified in accordance with company procedure.
- Communicate the manufacturing status, issues and activities performed / needed to the Shift Supervisor in preparation for their daily ‘Shift Handover Meeting’.
- Communicate any Maintenance issues to the Maintenance / Engineering team to ensure minimal disruption to the manufacturing schedule.
- Provide where requested measurement and analysis against pre-agreed KPI’s.
- Ensure that at all times compliance with Company procedures and policies.
- Ensure a safe and healthy working environment in all Production areas.
- Be proactive in making suggestions to help reduce downtime levels, changeover times and production waste.
- Ensure a standard of sustainable housekeeping which will enable Shareholders and Customers to visit the site at any time without prior notice and go away impressed.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills & Experience Required:
- Manufacturing, process and machinery skills.
- Ability to understand and follow company guidelines policies and procedures.
- Forklift Truck License (Reach / Counter-balance).
Axalta Coating Systems Ltd. (“Axalta,” or the “Company”), is a leading global manufacturer, marketer and distributor of high-performance coatings systems. With over a 150-year heritage in the coatings industry, Axalta is known for manufacturing high-quality products with well-recognized brands supported by market-leading technology and customer service.
Over the course of the Company’s history, Axalta has remained at the forefront of the industry by continually developing innovative coatings technologies designed to enhance the performance and appearance of customers’ products, while improving the customer’s productivity and profitability. Axalta’s diverse global footprint of 50 manufacturing facilities, four technology centers, 47 customer training centers and more than 14,000 team members allows the Company to meet the needs of customers in over 130 countries. Axalta serves its customer base through an extensive sales force and technical support organization, as well as through approximately 4,000 independent, locally-based distributors. The Company’s scale and strong local presence are critical to its success, allowing leverage of the technology portfolio and customer relationships globally while meeting customer demands locally.
Axalta operates its business in two operating segments: Performance Coatings and Transportation Coatings, serving four end markets, including: Refinish, Industrial, Light Vehicle and Commercial Vehicle, across the following four regions: North America, EMEA, Latin America and Asia-Pacific.
For more information visit axaltacoatingsystems.com and follow us @Axalta on Twitter and on LinkedIn.