- Post Date:18th December 2023
- Views 94
About The Role
HMG Paints Ltd is currently looking to recruit ambitious Production Operatives to join one of our dynamic production teams. The candidate will be expected to prepare machinery and equipment, follow step-by-step formulations, package the materials and clean down the machinery and equipment after use. The candidate will be working in a small, close-knit team and should be self-motivated, proactive, use their initiative and follow rigorous health and safety practices. Full training will be provided with opportunities for future progression.
Hours: 38.75 per week (7.15am – 4.00pm Monday to Thursday & 7.15am – 1.00pm Fridays)
Principle Duties and Responsibilities.
- To produce production batches in accordance with formulations and work methods by obtaining and mixing the required materials.
- To provide samples taken from manufactured batches to Quality Control in progress for their testing.
- When advised, to carry out adjustments to manufactured batches in accordance with product specification.
- To package the production batches in alignment with customer requirements and product specifications.
- To perform any required clean down of machinery or tanks that have been used throughout the production process.
- To be familiar with and follow operating procedures for the activities in which you are engaged.
- To ensure that all quality, safety, and environmental rules are obeyed.
- To make your Team Leader aware of any deficiencies in equipment or facilities.
- To continuously strive for improving standards of performance in all aspects of your work.
- To ensure your work area is kept clean and all machinery and equipment is kept in a good, clean condition.
Skills And Experience
- Previous experience of working in manufacturing is an advantage.
- Good numeric and literacy skills
- Good communication skills
- Familiar with I.T.
- Able to work in a methodical orderly and tidy manner
- In some instances, able to work unsupervised
- Good attendance and punctuality
For this role, full training will be given.
- Profit share bonus paid monthly + Christmas bonus
- Opportunities for Training and Development (NVQs, HNCs/HNDs, MBAs, Coatings Training Institute)
- Competitive Salary
- 1pm Friday finish, 4pm finish on Mon Thu.
- Generous break allowance per day (30-minute lunch with 35 flexible minutes to be taken between morning / afternoon / added to lunch)
- Agile / flexible working (dependant on role)
- Day off and Double Pay on your birthday
- Annual staff BBQ
- Charity fundraising events/activities
- Team building events
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free on-site Parking
- Subsidised HMG Canteen for breakfast and lunch
- Occasional extra paid or overtime hours where applicable
- Full company shutdown between Christmas and New Year
- Company sickness payment scheme
- Holiday entitlement 22 days + 1 birthday day as above
- 1 extra holiday day per 5 years service length
- Short holiday notice period (for holidays less than a week, a minimum of 1 working day notice)
- Additional responsibilities available such as First Aiders, Mental Health First Aiders, Incident Response Teams (with bonuses for doing so)
- Free unlimited hot drinks, reusable water bottles provided and water chillers / filters across site
- Annual allowance of free paint
- Table tennis tables, dart boards on site for recreational time during breaks
- Annual Christmas meal and employee raffle
- Employee of the year award (cash prize and trophy)
- Death in service policy for all employees
Established in 1930 HMG has grown to become the UKs Leading Independent Paint Manufacturer. Offering innovative and compliant paints and coatings to a variety of markets all backed up with outstanding technical support and customer service.
For this HMG have accepted numerous awards such as the UK Coatings Care award and were the first independent UK Paint Company to be awarded British Standards quality BS5750 (FM1524). HMGs Head office and primary manufacturing plant is based in Manchester, UK.
Specialising in bespoke product development and manufacturing we have a large product portfolio including wet paint, aerosols, and specialist coatings. Employing specialists in all areas of pre-treatment, equipment, and application of surface coating products.
HMG are proud to work alongside our customers and our customers business is important to HMG. We supply market leading products into a number of market sectors, notably Commercial Transport, OEM, Industrial, Bus & Coach, Civil Engineering & Construction, Light Industry, Model & Hobby trade and Speciality Automotive Finishes. With an excellent record of support and service, demonstrated by long term uninterrupted partnerships.
HMG take pride in strong family values and that is shown in the atmosphere across the company. We create unique relationships with worldwide technical and manufacturing partnerships and continue to be proud of our culture, our team and our community responsibilities exemplified by being one of the first to sign up to the Government Skills Pledge.
With our pride comes responsibility and a genuine care. Customers of HMG can expect that we will be satisfied with nothing less than excellence and we will work with our customers to achieve this.
We are proud of the fact that our products are designed to evolve along with the businesses with whom we work.
To Apply Please Visit: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3789107376
Related Jobs (8)
HSE Coordinator on 21st December 2023
Premium Product Manager EMEA on 9th February 2024
Business Development Manager, EMEA New Markets on 21st December 2023
Sales Representative Coatings on 29th January 2024
PDC Chemist on 29th January 2024
Shopper Brand Manager Trade on 29th January 2024
Marketing Manager EMEA on 29th January 2024