- Post Date:30th June 2023
- Views 111
Established in 1930 HMG has grown to become the UK’s Leading Independent Paint Manufacturer. Offering innovative and compliant paints and coatings to a variety of markets all backed up with outstanding technical support and customer service.For this HMG have accepted numerous awards such as the UK Coatings Care award and were the first independent UK Paint Company to be awarded British Standards quality BS5750 (FM1524). HMG’s Head office and primary manufacturing plant is based in Manchester, UK.Specialising in bespoke product development and manufacturing we have a large product portfolio including wet paint, aerosols, and specialist coatings. Employing specialists in all areas of pre-treatment, equipment, and application of surface coating products.HMG are proud to work alongside our customers and our customers business is important to HMG. We supply market leading products into a number of market sectors, notably Commercial Transport, OEM, Industrial, Bus & Coach, Civil Engineering & Construction, Light Industry, Model & Hobby trade and Speciality Automotive Finishes. With an excellent record of support and service, demonstrated by long term uninterrupted partnerships.HMG tapride in strong family values and that is shown in the atmosphere across the company. We create unique relationships with worldwide technical and manufacturing partnerships and continue to be proud of our culture, our team and our community responsibilities exemplified by being one of the first to sign up to the Government Skills Pledge.With our pride comes responsibility and a genuine care. Customers of HMG can expect that we will be satisfied with nothing less than excellence and we will work with our customers to achieve this.We are proud of the fact that our products are designed to evolve along with the businesses with whom we work.About The RoleHMG Paints Ltd is currently looking to recruit two ambitious Paint Manufacturing Operatives to join our dynamic production team. The role requires operatives to prepare the machinery and equipment, follow step-by-step formulations, package the materials and clean down the machinery and equipment after use. The candidate will be working in a small, close-knit team and should be self-motivated, proactive, use their initiative and follow rigorous health and safety practices. Full training will be provided with opportunities for future progression.Hours: 38.75 per week (7.15am – 4.00pm Monday to Thursday & 7.15am – 1.00pm Fridays)Principle Duties And Responsibilities.
- To produce production batches in accordance with the formulation.
- To carry out adjustments to batches in accordance with the product specification either as a result of your own assessment of the colour of the product or as a result of Quality Control Testing of other parameters.
- To provide to Quality Control homogeneous samples taken from the batch in progress for their testing.
- To highlight to Quality Control any difficulties in achieving a specific colour match.
- To produce the product in sufficient time to meet of our customer’s delivery requirements.
- To be aware of and follow the appropriate operating procedures for the activities in which you are engaged.
- To ensure that all quality, safety, and environmental rules are obeyed.
- To make your Department Manager – Foreman/Supervisor aware of any deficiencies in equipment or facilities.
- To undergo whatever training is deemed necessary in order to develop and improve your contribution to the operation of your department.
- To ensure that your area of operation is kept clean, tidy and safe
- To continuously strive for improving standards of performance in all aspects of your work.
- Suggestions for improvement in the operations area should be via your supervisor.
- To ensure your work area is kept clean and all dispensing machines and shakers are kept in a good, clean condition.
Skills And Experience
- Previous experience of working in the paint industry is an advantage but not essential as training will be given
- Good numeric and literacy skills
- I.T. skills, Microsoft word, excel
- Able to work in a methodical orderly and tidy manner
- In some instances, able to work unsupervised
- Good attendance and punctuality record
- Be able to follow Health & Safety Regulations
What You’ll Get In ReturnAt HMG we offer colleagues a range of benefits, some of the highlights include:
- Profit share
- Opportunities for Training and Development (NVQ’s, HNC’s/HND’s, MBA’s, Coatings Training Institute)
- Competitive Salary
- Christmas and New Year’s break
- Day off and Double Pay on your birthday
- Annual staff BBQ
- Charity fundraising events/activities
- Contributory pension
- 1pm Friday Finish
- Flexible working where applicable
- Subsidised Canteen
- Free Parking