Product Specialist - Digital Printing
- Post Date:8th April 2022 14347
- Views 122
- Salary £35,000/yr - £45,000/yr
Domino Printing Sciences provides industrial printing expertise and reliable solutions to help the world’s manufacturers be sustainable and cut waste, while attracting, informing, and protecting consumers. Global manufacturers across the food and beverage, life sciences, personal care, agrochemical, and industrial sectors trust Domino to support them with innovative coding, marking, and digital printing solutions. Our products help ensure the success of manufacturers’ products by allowing them to create differentiated packaging, protect against counterfeiting, and ensure governmental and regulatory compliance. From best before dates on eggs, to serialised identifying codes on medicines, to batch codes on electronic components, to competition codes in confectionery, Domino helps to enable product safety, improved supply chain management and brand protection.
About the role
We are currently looking for a Product Specialist to join our Digital Printing (DP) Software team. Reporting to the DP Software Team Leader, the successful candidate will be closely involved with the development process with responsibility for validation and ultimately gate keeping the release of software for Digital Printing Group printing, workflow and Digital Front End products with the goal of enhancing the user experience of our customers with Digital Printing Group products.
The DP Software team are responsible for development, validation of and release of all software relating to all Digital Printing Group product lines. This includes press and printer control software and all software relating to workflow and Digital Front End products. This role will see you become a key member of the wider Digital Printing Technical team responsible for agile development and validation of all Digital Printing Group products. You will be working closely with internal and external software and hardware development teams worldwide to help deliver the objectives of the Domino Digital Printing Group. The role encompasses many different areas and allows you to utilise and expand on your skills and experience to support the high quality of delivery of products from Domino Digital Printing Group.
As part of this role some of your key tasks will be:
- Collaboration with software development teams and product management to ensure specification and delivery of new software development projects meet the customer requirements.
- Take responsibility for design and implementation of functional test scenarios to assess capabilities and limitations of new workflow, press and peripheral device software and hardware and work to continuously enhance test procedures
- Capture of data and create reports to present to technical design authorities and presentation of your findings to your team and fellow peers.
- Become an expert in the projects you are working on enabling you to provide training and guidance on the operation and implementation of software and related hardware developments to colleagues and Field Support teams.
- Create procedures and guides to assist with creation of Engineer and Operator manuals as well as documentation for Field Support and Training teams.
- Work with Field Support Teams to identify and remotely support suitable beta test sites for major new software product releases collecting data on product performance and customer feedback and presenting this to the development teams.
- Work with 2nd level Support teams to perform root cause analysis and fault finding to ensure timely resolution for customer technical issues.
- Ensure all lab equipment (Press, Digital Front-End and Network) is maintained and ready for use.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has experience working in a development environment, collaborating directly with software development teams. You’ll be able to understand complex technical developments, ideally with experience of online collaborative workspaces and agile software development tools (Confluence/Jira) as well as an understanding of Java/Visual Studio/.Net/Scripting.
Previous experience with digital inkjet with an understanding of the workflow requirements for the digital print industry would be advantageous, however we’re happy to support you in growing your expertise within the field.
This position provides a great opportunity to develop impactful solutions to further improve the efficiency of the software release cycle and drive innovative development and quality in the delivery of software solutions that maintain the technical excellence of the Digital Printing Group and to exceed the objectives of the Digital Print Group to and grow the install base, increase customer satisfaction.
What you can expect
As a talented individual working at Domino you can expect a competitive salary and a generous benefits package, including 25 days basic holiday (with the opportunity to buy and sell), a discretionary bonus, life insurance, medical insurance and access to the Green Car Scheme to name a few!
We recognise that flexible homeworking can be beneficial and at Domino we want people to feel able to own the way they work. For many of us this, this might be coming into the office most days, just a couple of times a week, or perhaps fortnightly. What’s important is that we enable you to get the best from us and for us to get the best from you, whether that’s from your home office or on site, as long as we continue to collaborate and enable great outcomes for our customers. We are a highly successful company, we’re large enough to offer career development opportunities yet small enough for your contribution to be readily recognised and rewarded. Our culture is built on our core values, Collaboration, Listening, Expertise, Ambition and Responsibility. We think Domino is a great place to work and if you join us, you’ll find yourself part of an organisation which really cares about their people, as well as offering challenging and rewarding careers.
Positions may be at an advanced stage of the recruitment process and can close at any time.