Product Marketing Manager - CBG
- Post Date:1st April 2022
- Views 308
- Career Level Entry
Job Title: Product Marketing Manager – CBG
The Product Manager is responsible for delivering a successful new product development programme and supporting the products through training materials and marketing literature and content.
The Product Manager will support the overarching product strategy as set by the Senior Product Manager and Head of Product Marketing.
This role includes responsibility for a specific NPD projects and the management of a varied product portfolio. The successful candidate will have a high level of organisation, be passionate about becoming the expert in a particular category and have a commitment to work to deadlines.
Product Portfolio Management
- Manage the product life cycle including ongoing sku rationalization.
- Management of the New Product Development Pipeline.
- Manage NPD projects from concept to launch, delivering innovative products that increase market share and profitability. Utilise Navigator consistently.
- Develop product plans using a strong understanding of consumers and customers to ensure success when presenting business opportunities.
- Work closely with all departments to ensure the smooth and successful implementation of plans.
- Support sales teams.
- Develop expert knowledge of the markets, categories and products – be the ‘go to’ authority.
- Closely monitor competitor ranges, strategy, pricing architecture and strengths and weaknesses.
- Develop knowledge of the end users for a specific product category alongside the brand comms team.
- Work with the data analyst to analyse category dynamics and product performance, provide recommendations.
Packaging and Quality
- Ensure products are of an appropriate quality and performance level to meet end user needs.
- Ensure packaging enhances the brand and is fit for purpose.
- Reacts to quality related initiatives and puts appropriate plans into action.
- Liaise with Consumer Service teams on product quality issues and work closely with R&D teams to resolve.
- Create and maintain product labels ensuring regulatory and legal compliance.
- Manage SDS process and 3rd party vendor.
Budget and Cost Control
- Follow processes set for budget control, raising or receipting PO’s.
- Implement cost saving measures aided by the purchasing specialist for Marketing.
- Management of product cost.
Training And Shows
- Assist with product training both internally and externally.
- Work with Training Manager on content and demos as needed.
- Management of non customer specific trade shows i.e. Painting and Decorating Show.
Product Information and Colour Management
- Product set up internally and externally (customers and vendors).
- Supply product information for online i.e. websites, academy, STIBO/STEP, SW mall and proactively maintain to ensure accuracy of product information.
- Give product guidance to the Brand and shopper teams as needed.
- Support sourcing for packaging engineering and buyout product purchasing.
- Product information sign off for all content where products are featured.
- Overseeing creation of colour database and manage colour work planning with the US team where applicable.
Working relationships (internal)
- Build excellent relationships internally to influence cross functional teams and ensure buy-in to the plans and form future plans.
- Ensure excellent marketing department relationships to guide and drive the right strategic direction re: npd etc.
- Ensure that communication and processes are open and efficient.
Required: Marketing Degree or equivalent.
Knowledge & Experience
- Product marketing experience.
- Ability to manage projects and take internal customers with you i.e. effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to plan and prioritise multiple projects and demanding deadlines.
- Ability to quickly adapt and optimise the use of new technology and systems.
- Experience of working in the DIY Sector and paint / woodcare an advantage.
- Must hold a UK driving licence.
- Very proficient with Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft etc.
- Initiate and take insights from market analysis/research.
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $18 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.
Please note that Sherwin Williams is unable to respond to any enquiries, accept CVs or applications from Recruitment Agencies.
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.