Product Improvement Chemist
- Post Date:23rd July 2021 13897
- Views 160
We are a speciality chemical company and one of the world’s leading suppliers of aqueous polymers. Our polymers help customers create new products and enhance the performance of existing products in key industries such as coatings, construction, textiles, paper and synthetic latex gloves. Our business has grown significantly over the last 5 years with 2019 revenues of more than £1 billion, our robust financial performance ensures we are well positioned to continue to invest for long-term growth. We employ 2900 people across 25 sites, our headquarters are based in London with regional innovation centres in UK, Germany, Malaysia and the USA, as well as operational centres in Europe, North America, the Middle East and Asia.
The successful candidate will work on Operations Support projects to improve products and processes, giving efficient and consistent production performance and product quality. Product Improvement Chemists add value to the business through a focus on the chemistry, provide support to operations in the form troubleshooting and investigations, and supporting six production plants across Europe.
- Ensure that the execution of all activities is in line with relevant SHE-regulations to achieve compliance in accordance with internal, contractual and legal regulations.
- Develop SHE awareness through pro-active involvement and ownership of SHE initiatives.
- Provide technical support to and troubleshooting of existing grades to ensure efficient and consistent production performance and product quality (eg. waste reduction, yield improvement) for the production plants in Europe.
- Support Operations in optimisation and flexibility of the plant network, meaning that the right grade is made in the right place to meet the overall business needs.
- Working within the defined business processes, project priorities and management systems, ensure a high quality of execution of projects to ensure delivery of objectives, meeting of time lines and within resource requirements.
- Participate in Operations Support projects as required.
- Ensure the improvement of existing production recipes and achieve the required performance, through ‘best practice’ and working closely with R&D, Business Units, Operations and the wider Technology team. Assist with the introduction and scale up of new/modified/transferred products to the production plants.
- Support the evaluation and authorisation of alternative raw materials in conjunction with R&D, Procurement, the Business Units and Operations.
To Join Our Successful Team, You Will Need
- Degree in Chemistry or related field
- Experience in an industrial R&D environment
In Addition, We Offer The Following Benefits
- Subsidised Private Health Insurance
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Contributory Pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life Insurance
- Support Counselling
- Company social events throughout the year
- Subsidised canteen
- Free parking at Harlow
We are ambitious!
We have grown significantly – both organically and inorganically. We are a FTSE 250 listed company, 22% of our revenue comes from newly commercialized products, and we’re recognized in the top-quartile for chemicals manufacturing safety.
We believe in high challenge, high support!
We are keen to let you contribute in real roles from day 1. We expect a lot, but offer a lot, too. This includes onboarding, induction and learning events, networking opportunities, mentoring and personal development planning. So, be up for an inspiring long-term career adventure.
We personalize our approach to development!
At Synthomer, you won’t find generic career tracks or development programs but rather a one-size-fits-one approach to employee development. We’ll partner with you to ensure you have the right experiences that build your capabilities and accelerate your career growth.