Procurement Operational Specialist (Undergraduate Placement Scheme) - Birstall
- Post Date:29th November 2021 14104
- Views 250
Procurement Operations Specialist (Undergraduate Placement Scheme)
As a Procurement Operations Specialist you will co-ordinate, facilitate and deliver procurement initiatives in the Region West (main focus UK, support might be required for NL, BE, SCANDINAVIA) with our EMEA procurement team.
The role will require execution on a number of projects, supporting PPGs business units and procurement strategy.
- Deliver jointly identified projects within EMEA Indirect procurement team.
- Responsibility for categories of expenditure within the business
- Support Category Mangers with implementation of strategies within the company
- Identify and deliver cost saving opportunities to help grow the company
- Support UK business with use of procurement platform (supplier registration, supplier onboarding, contract management, sourcing events).
- Knowledge of Operations/Supply chain/ Procurement
- The desire, passion and courage to challenge and question!
- IT literate & highly proficient in Microsoft Excel & Powerpoint
- Ability to establish relationships with team members and suppliers.
- Highly organized and be able to work independently
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday – everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company.. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
The PPG Way
Every Single Day At PPG
We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical solutions that make a difference.
We are “One PPG” to the world.
We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we differentiate and disrupt our markets.
We trust our people every day, in every way.
We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear and actionable.
We make it happen.
We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We decide and act intelligently and quickly.
We run it like we own it.
We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We always act in the best interest of our company, customers, shareholders and our communities.
We do better today than yesterday – everyday.
We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our businesses.
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.