Procurement Lead - Manufacturing UK
- Post Date:12th May 2021 13754
- Views 169
As a Procurement Lead, you will be required to deliver competitive sourcing for the manufacturing related spend within the UK. The portfolio covers circa 50 MM€ associated with services and equipment for operations and investment in the Country.
This position requires an influential figurehead who can improve and challenge specifications, costs and service levels through internal relationships and external supplier management. Travel should be expected across the 6 Manufacturing Plants in the UK.
Key Responsibilities, you will:-
- Deliver savings of c.€ 500k within the manufacturing spend via individual contribution and the implementation of EMEA projects.
- Reduce the number of suppliers in the Region by 20%, ensuring clear collaboration with local partners.
- Establish a process that all contracts are tendered on a 3 year cycle, ensuring that all bid documentation and approvals are accessible.
- Actively participate in the energy sourcing strategy for the territory and execute the market tenders and lead initiatives to acquire potential government subsidies and grants.
- Drive supplier performance through continuous improvement initiatives and Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Develop bi-monthly communication reviews with each major location. This should involve the review of critical suppliers, upcoming change projects and a clear recognition of forward business needs.
- Contribute to the effective role out of E-Pro and ensure that all eligible spend is addressed through the portal.
- Previous purchasing experience within a major manufacturing company with a strong understanding of the UK equipment and contractor market.
- Ideally a degree achieved within a Business subject area.
- Experience in both CAPEX and OPEX spends.
- Strong eye for business to lead commercial relationships and negotiations.
- A proactive, hands-on and results-orientated attitude!
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday – everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company.. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
The PPG Way
Every Single Day At PPG
We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical solutions that make a difference.
We are “One PPG” to the world.
We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we differentiate and disrupt our markets.
We trust our people every day, in every way.
We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear and actionable.
We make it happen.
We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We decide and act intelligently and quickly.
We run it like we own it.
We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We always act in the best interest of our company, customers, shareholders and our communities.
We do better today than yesterday – everyday.
We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our businesses.
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.