- Post Date:18th August 2023
- Views 84
Farrow and Ball – Procurement Buyer, Wimborne (Hybrid)
We are currently looking for a dynamic individual to join our Planning and Procurement team in Wimborne as a Procurement Buyer. We are offering this position on a full-time hybrid basis, on a flexible Monday to Friday pattern.
Farrow & Ball is a luxury British lifestyle brand that prides itself in creating richly pigmented paint and handcrafted wallpaper, using print methods dating back 300 years and the finest quality ingredients.
The unique Farrow & Ball look transforms modern and traditional homes, large and small, inside and out. Established in Dorset in 1946, we have grown over the last 75 years and now proudly have 60 showrooms worldwide with a global network of stockists.
The key to our success is the people behind the paint: from the team handcrafting each tin to showroom staff to support functions, our shared passion ensures customers have a positive, engaging experience at every stage of their journey with us.
As the Procurement Buyer you will work closely with the Planning and Procurement team in a varied role. Your role will cover duties across purchasing & supply, quality control, inventory management, forecasting and strategy.
What we expect from you as a Procurement Buyer:
Purchasing & Supply
- Ordering of materials in line with projected marketing activity or sales volumes
- Manage the end-to-end purchase process, from supplying artwork and PO to delivery of goods.
- Working with Marketing stakeholders develop specifications for new products and source from the market
- Supplier Relationship Management including supplier site visits
- Work with suppliers regarding minimising environmental impacts and enhancing the profile of environmental matters
- Mitigate risk through the sourcing of alternative suppliers, to remove supply chain disruption
- QC all new products either at pre-production stage (mock-ups etc), during production (onsite with supplier) or on arrival to inventory to ensure they match specification provided
- Updating inventory and managing stock levels
- Communicate to key stakeholders any global out of stock risks or supply disruption
- Coordinate with warehouse teams and management
- Identify and coordinate new SKU set up in ERP system
- Project usage of materials and provide forward forecasts to suppliers on regular basis
- Forecasting and purchasing of Marketing items
- Forecasting of stock packs working in collaboration with Sales team
- Drive the development of the strategic vision for procurement enabling steps to be taken to improve the operations and performance of procurement in line with best practice
- Plan and undertake strategic projects to drive forward improvements in procurement practices
- Project managing and sourcing activities to ensure smooth implementation across the business
- Maintain ERP system for all parts procured to ensure up to date and accurate
- 2+ years purchasing experience. Preferred areas: litho/digital print, reprographics/art working, 3D, POS
- Demonstrated ability in data analysis, forecasting, and stock management
- Strong analytic and advanced excel skills.
- Able to analyse critically evaluate business solutions.
- Good communication skills and ability to influence.
- Supplier management
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability to prioritise across multiple activities
- Good project management skills
- Be committed to providing high levels of service to both internal and external customers
What you can expect from us
- 24 days’ annual leave (increasing with length of service) plus bank holidays
- Annual salary reviews, based on individual performance
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Generous staff discount on F&B products
- Access to Perkbox, our retail discounts platform
- Employee Assistance Programme with 24/7 support
- Health Cash Plan
- Company Sick Pay
- Group Pension Scheme, matched by F&B
- Life Assurance
- Refer a Friend scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Season Ticket Loans for travel
At Farrow & Ball we are committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our people, with an aim to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers. Applicants will be considered for employment based only on skills/experience and never based off of race, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or family status, including pregnancy.
Related Jobs (18)
HSE Coordinator on 21st December 2023
Premium Product Manager EMEA on 9th February 2024
Business Development Manager, EMEA New Markets on 21st December 2023
Process Engineer – Shildon on 29th January 2024
National Key Account Manager – Main Contractor and Residential Builders on 29th January 2024
Sales Assistant (FT, 39 Hours) – Burton on Trent on 29th January 2024
Sales Assistant – Watford – F/T39 Hours on 29th January 2024
Warehouse Operative – Carrickfergus on 29th January 2024
Raw Materials Quality Manager on 29th January 2024