- Post Date:20th January 2023
- Views 19
Farrow and Ball – Procurement Buyer, Wimborne
We are currently looking for a dynamic individual to join our Planning and Procurement team in Wimborne as a Procurement Buyer. We are offering this position on a full-time hybrid basis.
Farrow & Ball is a luxury British lifestyle brand that prides itself in creating richly pigmented paint and handcrafted wallpaper, using print methods dating back 300 years and the finest quality ingredients.
The unique Farrow & Ball look transforms modern and traditional homes, large and small, inside and out. Established in Dorset in 1946, we have grown over the last 75 years and now proudly have 60 showrooms worldwide with a global network of stockists.
The key to our success is our passionate craftsmen, showroom teams and support functions who ensure that our customers have a positive, engaging experience at every stage of their journey with us.
As the Procurement Buyer you will work closely with the Planning and Procurement team in a varied role. Your role will cover duties across purchasing & supply, quality control, inventory management, forecasting and strategy.
What we expect from you as a Procurement Buyer:
Purchasing & Supply
- Ordering of materials in line with projected marketing activity or sales volumes
- Manage the end-to-end purchase process, from supplying artwork and PO to delivery of goods.
- Working with Marketing stakeholders develop specifications for new products and source from the market
- Supplier Relationship Management including supplier site visits
- Work with suppliers regarding minimising environmental impacts and enhancing the profile of environmental matters
- Lead commercial management, analysis and assessment of suppliers
- Mitigate risk through the sourcing of alternative suppliers, to remove supply chain disruption
- QC all new products either at pre-production stage (mock-ups etc), during production (onsite with supplier) or on arrival to inventory to ensure they match specification provided
- Updating inventory and managing stock levels
- Communicate to key stakeholders any global out of stock risks or supply disruption
- Coordinate with warehouse teams and management
- Identify and coordinate new SKU set up in ERP system
- Provide senior management team with timely and insightful information on stockholding, efficiencies, and opportunities
- Project usage of materials and provide forward forecasts to suppliers on regular basis
- Forecasting and purchasing of Marketing items
- Forecasting of stock packs working in collaboration with Sales team
- Drive the development of the strategic vision for procurement enabling steps to be taken to improve the operations and performance of procurement in line with best practice
- Supporting the strategic development of marketing procurement within the Planning & Procurement department, plus wider areas such as F&B Operations and Marketing
- Plan and undertake strategic projects to drive forward improvements in procurement practices
- Project managing and sourcing activities to ensure smooth implementation across the business
- Maintain ERP system for all parts procured to ensure up to date and accurate
- Seek synergies, across the Hempel Group, to achieve the best possible price and service
- 2+ years purchasing experience. Preferred areas: litho/digital print, reprographics/art working, 3D, POS
- CIPS Level 3 or higher
- Demonstrated ability in data analysis, forecasting, and stock management
- Strong analytic and advanced excel skills.
- Determination and drive for results.
- Able to analyse critically evaluate business solutions.
- Good communication skills and ability to influence.
- Ability to effective influence and persuade
- Supplier management
- Strong, professional and refined negotiation skills
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability to prioritise across multiple activities
- Good project management skills
- Be committed to providing high levels of service to both internal and external customers
- Work effectively independently and as part of a team
What you can expect from us
- 24 days’ annual leave (increasing with length of service) plus bank holidays
- Annual salary reviews, based on individual performance
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Generous staff discount on F&B products
- Access to Perkbox, our retail discounts platform
- Employee Assistance Programme with 24/7 support
- Health Cash Plan
- Company Sick Pay
- Group Pension Scheme, matched by F&B
- Life Assurance
- Refer a Friend scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Season Ticket Loans for travel
At Farrow & Ball we are committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our people, with an aim to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers. Applicants will be considered for employment based only on skills/experience and never based off of race, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or family status, including pregnancy.