- Post Date:24th March 2023
- Views 87
About the job
We’ve been pioneering a world of possibilities to bring surfaces to life for well over 200 years. As experts in making coatings, there’s a good chance you’re only ever a few meters away from one of our products. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. We’re active in more than 150 countries and have set our sights on becoming the global industry leader. It’s what you’d expect from the most sustainable paints company, which has been inventing the future for more than two centuries.Process Technician
Competitive Salary + Shift Allowance (Continental Shift Pattern)
Ashington, NE63 0XF
Process Technician – Introduction
Operating in over 150 countries, AkzoNobel is home to well-known brands and has been awarded Top Employer status in the UK & Europe. We are now recruiting Process Technicians for the world’s most advanced and sustainable paint plant in Ashington to help produce Dulux, the UK’s favourite paint!
Process Technician – The Role
- Responsible for operation and optimization of production equipment & processes
- Monitor processes and equipment performance to enable preventative interventions and continuous improvement
- Troubleshoot equipment and process issues and rectify faults or defects
- Ensure safe systems of work are in place for both reactive & planned activities
- Carry out routine Planned Preventative maintenance Activities
- Asset Ownership and Single Point Accountability for Asset Tactics and Availability Improvements.
- Create and maintain documentation & records, including the use of SAP PM CMMS System
- Develop competency across all process roles to be able to rotate roles within the team
Process Technician – About You
- Demonstrated competence in complex problem solving in a process environment
- Experience of interfacing to a centralized maintenance management system
- Experience of interrogation of Siemens PCS7/Simatic Batch control systems
- Experience of creating and following safe systems of work
- Will have undertaken a formal training apprenticeship to Level v3 in engineering, process or maintenance discipline
- Familiar with machinery safety equipment & legislation
- Experience of asset management and lean manufacturing
- Excellent communication, coordination & interpersonal skills
- Enjoys a collaborative working environment where supporting colleagues is key
Process Technician – What Is In It For You
We offer great personal development opportunities and roles with breadth, depth of scope and impact. We also offer comprehensive packages including:
- Competitive Salary (depending on experience)
- 25 days holiday excluding bank holidays integrated into continental shift pattern
- Income protection
- Staff discount at Dulux Decorator Centre stores
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Life Assurance
- Company pension
- Flexible benefits scheme offering benefits including Gymflex, retail card, dental cover and more!
Process Technician – How To Apply
Apply online via the link below and we will get back to you.
We have been inventing the future for more than two centuries and need people like you to be part of the team.
We are advocates of a healthy work life balance and mental wellbeing. We are happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles.
At AkzoNobel we are highly committed to ensuring an inclusive and respectful workplace where all employees can be their best self. We strive to embrace diversity in a context of tolerance. Our talent acquisition process plays an integral part in this journey, as setting the foundations for a diverse environment. For this reason we train and educate on the implications of our Unconscious Bias in order for our TA and hiring managers to be mindful of them and take corrective actions when applicable. In our organization, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age