Process Safety Manager
- Post Date:27th January 2023
- Views 41
DescriptionSherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $18 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. We believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive.Your TasksAs Process Safety Manager for our Protective & Marine coatings production site in Bolton you will play an important role in ensuring the overall engineering integrity of the plant and the manufacturing processes to continue safe operation of the Site in compliance with the relevant statutory provisions. Your core tasks will be:
- Lead our local Process Safety Management including management of change
- Perform Process Hazard Analysis (PHA)
- Take a lead role in Project Management of allocated capital project
- Prepare process flow diagrams (PFDs) to be converted into process and instrument drawings (P&IDs) and manage the drawing system for the site.
Additionally, You Will Be Supporting In The Following Areas
- Regulatory Compliance, including the demonstration of ALARP
- Safety Report compilation
- Engineering Department with internal RAMS/PTWs – particularly with life safety tasks e.g., Confined Space Entry, Hot Work, Line Breaks, etc.
- Carry out recognized process safety management procedures and processes e.g., HAZOP (Hazard and Operability studies), HAZID (Hazard identification) and LoPA (Layers of Protection Analysis)
- Technical advice and guidance to the operating team on process safety risks and mitigation measures
- The delivery of process safety activities and process safety risk reduction
- The Site’s Operations, Engineering and EHS Departments to define and deliver improvement projects
What We Are Looking For
- A Process/Chemical Engineering degree is desirable, but not essential. A degree in either Control Instrumentation Engineering or Electrical Engineering would also be considered.
- 5 + years’ experience in a hazardous manufacturing environment and chemical processes.
- Experience in operational troubleshooting and improvement projects
- Process safety study facilitation experience e.g., Hazop Studies, SIL determination, LOPAs
- Experienced in creating, updating, and reviewing Standard Operating Procedures and Job Safety Assessments
- Opportunity to operate in a growth market with many opportunities for professional and personal development
- International work environment
- A challenging job in a dynamic environment
- Competitive salary
Basic QualificationPlease note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.Please note that Sherwin Williams is unable to respond to any enquiries, accept CVs or applications from Recruitment Agencies.
Related Jobs (7)
Territory Sales Consultant on 2nd June 2023 Full Time
UK Retail Print Brand Manager on 2nd June 2023 Full Time
Polymer Plant Manager on 2nd June 2023 Full Time
Store Manager on 2nd June 2023 Full Time
HSE Manager on 2nd June 2023 Full Time
Territory Manager – Reading on 12th May 2023 Full Time
Technical Projects Manager on 11th May 2023 Full Time