Portfolio Leader I
- Post Date:3rd November 2023
- Views 74
We supply the sustainable and innovative paints and coatings that our customers, communities – and the environment – are increasingly relying on. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. We’re active in more than 150 countries and have set our sights on becoming the global industry leader. It’s what you’d expect from a pioneering paints company that’s committed to science-based targets and is taking genuine action to address globally relevant challenges and protect future generations.
For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
© 2023 Akzo Nobel N.V. All rights reserved.
Felling, Gateshead NE10 0JY
Portfolio Leader – Introduction
Having completed further education in a Science subject and gained experience of leading teams working on technical projects, you are looking for a new career development opportunity. This role with AkzoNobel, a world expert in making coatings, is for you. Operating in over 150 countries, we have been awarded Top Employer status in the UK & Europe. We are now recruiting a Portfolio Leader to oversee & develop a small team of direct reports as well as assist with the training & supervision of other junior team members.
Portfolio Leader – The Role
- Support team member coaching & training.
- Develop & implement objectives for the team.
- Oversee new product and technology project development.
- Prioritise projects & allocate resources.
- Build understanding of key coating & technology attributes for M&PC market.
- Identify opportunities to grow market share & profitability.
- Manage & participate in ICP project(s) for Finishes.
- Provide guidance to stakeholders, ensuring that they understand technical aspects of decisions.
- Identify & exploit all opportunities for technical innovation.
- Develop proposals & plans for safety initiatives & lead local safety engagement audits.
Portfolio Leader – About You
- BSc, PHD or Masters in a Science subject.
- Experience of managing a technical project portfolio
- Familiar with working on multiple assignments.
- Excellent communication, presentation & interpersonal skills.
- Enjoys a collaborative working environment where supporting colleagues is key.
Portfolio Leader – What Is In It For You
We offer great personal development opportunities and roles with breadth, depth of scope and impact. We also offer comprehensive packages including:
- Competitive Salary (depending on experience)
- 25 days holiday excluding bank holidays
- Income protection
- Staff discount at Dulux Decorator Centre stores
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Life Assurance
- Company pension
- product discounts
- Flexible benefits scheme offering benefits including Gymflex, retail card, dental cover and more!
Portfolio Leader – How To Apply
Apply online via the link below and we will get back to you.
We have been inventing the future for more than two centuries and need people like you to be part of the team.
We are advocates of a healthy work life balance and mental wellbeing. We are happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles.
At AkzoNobel we are highly committed to ensuring an inclusive and respectful workplace where all employees can be their best self. We strive to embrace diversity in a context of tolerance. Our talent acquisition process plays an integral part in this journey, as setting the foundations for a diverse environment. For this reason we train and educate on the implications of our Unconscious Bias in order for our TA and hiring managers to be mindful of them and take corrective actions when applicable. In our organization, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
Related Jobs (21)
Chemical Operator 3rd shift on 8th December 2023
Laboratory Technician R&D on 8th December 2023
Customer Services Representative on 8th December 2023
Systems Analyst on 8th December 2023
Supply Chain Analyst (Undergraduate Placement Scheme) – Birstall on 8th December 2023
Marketing Assistant (Undergraduate Placement Scheme) – Birstall on 8th December 2023
Customer Service Support Representative on 13th October 2023
Laboratory Technician (Undergraduate Placement Student) – Shildon on 13th October 2023
Marketing Assistant (Undergraduate Placement Scheme) – Birstall on 8th November 2023
Sales Assistant / Driver on 13th August 2023