- Post Date:29th January 2024
- Apply Before: 4th March 2024
- Views 104
About the job
We supply the sustainable and innovative paints and coatings that our customers, communities – and the environment – are increasingly relying on. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. We’re active in more than 150 countries and have set our sights on becoming the global industry leader. It’s what you’d expect from a pioneering paints company that’s committed to science-based targets and is taking genuine action to address globally relevant challenges and protect future generations.
For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
© 2023 Akzo Nobel N.V. All rights reserved.
PDC Chemist – R&D
Salary – £26,320 – £31,790
Slough, Berks SL2 5DS
Chemist – Introduction
If you are a Science graduate or have experience of experimentation in a laboratory environment this is an incredible opportunity to progress your career in a business that is a world expert in making coatings. Operating in over 150 countries, AkzoNobel is home to well-known brands, such as the UK’s favourite Dulux paint, and has been awarded Top Employer status in the UK & Europe. We are now recruiting a Chemist to join our R&D team in Slough and work on business-critical wall coatings projects.
Chemist – The Role
- Develop experimental plans according to a brief
- Carry out, interpret & report experimental paint work projects
- Complete projects within agreed timelines
- Make recommendations on next steps
- Prioritise multiple work streams
- Work safely, following company and legal requirements
- Proactively improves standards
Chemist – About You
- Graduate in a Science discipline or with relevant work experience
- Proficient in MSOffice
- Good lab skills
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Enjoys a collaborative working environment where supporting colleagues is key
- Eye for detail
- Good understanding of Health & Safety requirements
Chemist – What Is In It For You
We offer great personal development opportunities and roles with breadth, depth of scope and impact. We also offer comprehensive packages including:
- Competitive Salary (depending on experience)
- 25 days holiday excluding bank holidays
- Income protection
- Staff discount at Dulux Decorator Centre stores
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Life Assurance
- Company pension
- Product discounts
- Flexible benefits scheme offering benefits including Gymflex, retail card, dental cover and more!
Chemist – How To Apply
Apply online via the link below and we will get back to you.
We have been inventing the future for more than two centuries and need people like you to be part of the team.
We are advocates of a healthy work life balance and mental wellbeing. We are happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles.
At AkzoNobel we are highly committed to ensuring an inclusive and respectful workplace where all employees can be their best self. We strive to embrace diversity in a context of tolerance. Our talent acquisition process plays an integral part in this journey, as setting the foundations for a diverse environment. For this reason we train and educate on the implications of our Unconscious Bias in order for our TA and hiring managers to be mindful of them and take corrective actions when applicable. In our organization, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
To Apply Please Visit: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3804141226
Related Jobs (7)
HSE Coordinator on 21st December 2023
Premium Product Manager EMEA on 9th February 2024
Business Development Manager, EMEA New Markets on 21st December 2023
Sales Representative Coatings on 29th January 2024
Shopper Brand Manager Trade on 29th January 2024
Marketing Manager EMEA on 29th January 2024