- Post Date:3rd October 2023
- Views 66
About the job
We supply the sustainable and innovative paints and coatings that our customers, communities – and the environment – are increasingly relying on. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. We’re active in more than 150 countries and have set our sights on becoming the global industry leader. It’s what you’d expect from a pioneering paints company that’s committed to science-based targets and is taking genuine action to address globally relevant challenges and protect future generations.
For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
© 2023 Akzo Nobel N.V. All rights reserved.
Ashington, Northumberland NE63 0XF
Some Travel To Other AkzoNobel Sites Required
Competitive Salary and Market Leading Benefits
Packaging Technologist – Introduction
If you have experience working in a packaging manufacturer and packaging testing area, you could be developing your future career with a world expert in making coatings. Operating in over 150 countries, AkzoNobel is home to well-known brands, such as the UK’s favourite Dulux paint, and has been awarded Top Employer status in the UK & Europe. We are now recruiting a Packaging Technologist to provide technical support in the event of quality problems with packaging materials or packaging issues in the production area at our state of the art manufacturing site in Ashington.
Packaging Technologist – The Role
- Manage the testing process for new packaging/labels.
- Test materials used in the packaging of products in the production process.
- Decide on the need to carry out transport tests for new packaging.
- Collaborate with colleagues to identify quality hazards & create solutions.
- Prepare packaging test reports & present results to stakeholders.
- Support the introduction of new packaging materials.
- Recommend packaging (provides PCK codes) for NPI projects.
- Oversee technical approval process of packaging material.
- Collaborate with suppliers to modernise & improve the quality of materials.
Packaging Technologist – About You
- Experience with the packaging testing area.
- Experience of working in a packaging manufacturer.
- Knowledge of packaging production technology.
- Knowledge of Packaging Suppliers.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Proficient user of MSOffice & business systems, ideally SAP.
- Enjoys a collaborative working environment where supporting colleagues is key.
- Understands the importance of keeping a safe working environment.
Packaging Technologist – What Is In It For You
We offer great personal development opportunities and roles with breadth, depth of scope and impact. We also offer comprehensive packages including:
- Competitive Salary (depending on experience).
- 25 days holiday excluding bank holidays.
- Income protection.
- Staff discount at Dulux Decorator Centre stores.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Employee Life Assurance.
- Company pension.
- Flexible benefits scheme offering benefits including Gymflex, retail card, dental cover and more!
Packaging Technologist – How To Apply
We have been inventing the future for more than two centuries and need people like you to be part of the team. Apply online via the link and we will get right back to you.
We are advocates of a healthy work life balance and mental wellbeing. We are happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
At AkzoNobel we are highly committed to ensuring an inclusive and respectful workplace where all employees can be their best self. We strive to embrace diversity in a context of tolerance. Our talent acquisition process plays an integral part in this journey, as setting the foundations for a diverse environment. For this reason we train and educate on the implications of our Unconscious Bias in order for our TA and hiring managers to be mindful of them and take corrective actions when applicable. In our organization, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
Related Jobs (21)
Chemical Operator 3rd shift on 8th December 2023
Laboratory Technician R&D on 8th December 2023
Customer Services Representative on 8th December 2023
Systems Analyst on 8th December 2023
Supply Chain Analyst (Undergraduate Placement Scheme) – Birstall on 8th December 2023
Marketing Assistant (Undergraduate Placement Scheme) – Birstall on 8th December 2023
Customer Service Support Representative on 13th October 2023
Laboratory Technician (Undergraduate Placement Student) – Shildon on 13th October 2023
Marketing Assistant (Undergraduate Placement Scheme) – Birstall on 8th November 2023
Sales Assistant / Driver on 13th August 2023