- Post Date:12th November 2021 14074
- Views 35
As a Packaging Manager, you will hold a key role as part of the manufacturing and supply chain organisation for Architectural Coatings within EMEA. Based at the Birstall site, you will both lead and contribute to packaging projects, supporting production to improve both efficiency and cost reduction.
Key Responsibilities, you will:-
- Support local production team on any requests linked to packaging, managing the training to production when necessary.
- Avoid the introduction of new packaging, working on a European plan to harmonize and reduce complexity for the Birstall site.
- Follow European packaging strategy in order to not increase packaging complexity, whilst working on plans to reduce packaging complexity with purchasing, production and marketing.
- Support the engineering project team for packaging projects, ensuring the right technical packaging specification from beginning of each investment project.
- Coordinate with purchasing any introduction of new supplier or new packaging, managing packaging tests for each new formula.
- Handle packaging complaints by taking corrective action with our supplier if necessary, acting as a support to production in case of any doubt on packaging quality.
- Keep the technical specifications of all packaging updated, keeping European packaging databases updated whilst following UK regulatory rules.
- Previous packaging experience and interaction with packaging machines.
- Ideally degree educated within an Engineering or Manufacturing field.
- Problem solving capabilities including both strategic and critical thinking.
- Strong interpersonal/communication skill: verbal and written.
- Excellent project management skills
- Cross-functional networking and influencing ability
- The ability to handle multiple priorities!
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday – everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company.. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
The PPG Way
Every Single Day At PPG
We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical solutions that make a difference.
We are “One PPG” to the world.
We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we differentiate and disrupt our markets.
We trust our people every day, in every way.
We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear and actionable.
We make it happen.
We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We decide and act intelligently and quickly.
We run it like we own it.
We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We always act in the best interest of our company, customers, shareholders and our communities.
We do better today than yesterday – everyday.
We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our businesses.
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.