About the job
BASF plc, BASF Group’s main operating company in the United Kingdom, supplies raw materials to most industries. We market a wide range of products, including chemicals, construction chemicals, agricultural solutions, dispersions and pigments, pest control solutions, plastics, polyurethanes systems, leading edge coating products, mining and water treatment chemicals. We manufacture performance chemicals, polyurethane systems and pest control solutions.
ResponsibilitiesIn this Operations & Project Manager UK & Ireland role, as a member of the Automotive Refinish Coatings UK leadership team you will have a key role in contributing, directing, and implementing short and long terms goals for the BASF Refinish Strategy. You will be responsible for key commercial processes and work alongside our legal, controlling and operations departments, as well as other members of the UK leadership team.
- You will be responsible for collaborating closely with colleagues in legal, procurement and controlling for contracts, third party supplier management, rebate control and monitoring, forecasting, reporting and business planning.
- You will be responsible for creating and implementing our UK digital ecommerce strategy to enhance customer experience, data driven sales for internal colleagues and other BASF Refinish digital platforms.
- You will take the lead for managing projects for BASF Refinish in the UK and implementing business strategy, including sustainability topics within our business.
- You will be responsible for the managing warehousing of product in the UK, working alongside supply chain colleagues and understand supply chain legislation post Brexit.
- In addition, you will provide leadership and support to the UK marketing/product management team.
- You are educated to degree level in Business Management or related discipline and have commercial experience, preferable within P&L, supply chain and strategic planning.
- You have excellent skills in the use of Microsoft Office along with knowledge of SAP (although not essential).
- You can demonstrate effective leadership skills and development of others.
- You have experience in Project Management and can demonstrate a best practice customer support approach.
- You have strong business acumen, communication, negotiating and conflict management skills.
- Ability to build rapport with customers and develop / manage relationships with new and existing customers.
- Must be able to work in a team as well as display entrepreneurial actions.
- Strong organisational and presentation skills are essential, coupled with the personal drive to achieve.
- Must hold a valid UK driving Licence.
BENEFITSResponsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and “on-the-job” training as part of a committed team.At BASF we offer a total package which includes not only an attractive salary and bonus but also benefits including a defined contribution pension scheme; company car; a share scheme; private healthcare and 25 days of annual leave to name a few.We are happy to talk flexible working.BASF is committed to creating a diverse inclusive environment for all employees. We are a signatory of the BITC race at Work Charter and we partner with Stonewall and Wise, as part of our commitment to action on Race, LGBT and Gender.We are an equal opportunities employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law and all recruitment assessments will be made without reference to age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status and other protected characteristics. We are keen to increase the numbers of underrepresented groups and we particularly welcome applicants from ethnic minority groups.Closing date: 20.10.2023
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us – in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.Please note that we do not return paper applications including folders. Please submit copies only and no original documents.Please upload the documents, summarized in a PDF if possible.