Operations Planner / Scheduler
- Post Date:25th March 2022 14316
- Views 77
Operations Planner / Scheduler
Core Responsibilities And Tasks
- All employees are legally responsible for their own health and safety as well as those who may be affected by their acts or omissions. They are also legally required to co-operate in health and safety matters as directed by their employer.
- Schedules the orders on production lines involving a variety of product mix and fluctuating requirements based on demand forecast, customer orders, current inventories and line capacity.
- Plans/schedules the orders within the relevant time period appropriate to the site, to ensure compliance with OTMIS/OTIF.
- Reviews, adjusts, and updates a fluctuating schedule based on customer orders, production problems, material needs, and other areas as required; informs personnel of appropriate changes.
- Determines appropriate supply of products based on the potential demand for goods, which includes maintaining inventory levels, forecasting customer needs, developing product forecasts.
- Analyzes and interprets a variety of reports regarding plant operations, resource and personnel needs, efficiency, cycle times, on-time service, sales/customers, and determines operational or scheduling changes to improve plant performance.
- Assists with coordinating general production operations regarding resource, efficiency and cycle times, to ensure meeting the sites OTMIS/OTIF target.
- Serves as a liaison between production operations and other areas, such as sales, customer service, production, shipping and receiving, and other departments regarding general operations, and questions and concerns, to ensure on-time delivery.
- Provides updates in production meetings regarding production schedules, plant performance, and other areas as required.
- Assists with coordinating the introduction, modification, or discontinuation of products, which includes maintaining SKU numbers, inventory and order levels, and product lists, communicating status across the departments.
- Ensures compliance with department policies and procedures and applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Educated to High school level or Equivalent
- Two/Three years of scheduling, supply chain or operational experience
Knowledge And Experience
- Applying fundamental scheduling and distribution principles and practices
- Understanding of applicable supply chain activities
- Reading and responding to constant change environments
- Understanding of basic production and operational principles and practices
- Analyzing a variety of data and developing reports
- Working with other functions and supervisors
- Advanced PC skills essential
- Familiar with standard ERP system such as Oracle, SAP
- Strong communication skills
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $18 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
At Sherwin-Williams, we’re proud of the company we keep — our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
- Please note that Sherwin Williams is unable to respond to any enquiries, accept CVs or applications from Recruitment Agencies**
Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.