Operations Finance Controller
- Post Date:28th April 2023
- Views 68
About the job
Make an impact in our Crown Paints Production and Logistics operation by enabling leadership with key financial information to support business decisions!Creating a link between the Financial Organisation and the Technology & Operations (T&O) Organisation in Crown, your expertise as a local Business Partner will help steer metrics such as Cost per Litre, Inventory days and CAPEX. By being interested in continuous improvement, you’ll support Crown Paints through improving processes and bringing forward challenges on T&O processes and projects from a financial point of view.You’ll be part of a wider Global financial team, but based independently in Hull, being independent and autonomous in nature will really help drive things forward.Act as finance business partner to Crown Paints Plant Managers and Head of Logistics across the sites in Hull and Darwen. Some other things to look forward to working on include:
- Your autonomous way of working will see you take ownership of all financial reporting for both sites for manufacturing and supply chain along with the P&L including production recoveries
- Working with SAP on standard production costs
- Management of month end procedures within operations
- Prepare and review CAPEX projects within operations
- Monthly operational performance variance analysis
Do you have experience of accounting and financial management?
- Your qualifications within CIMA or ACCA will support you in providing accurate reports, investigate into key business areas to make sound financial decisions.
- Work experience within a manufacturing environment would really help you understand key metrics to report on, which issues may pop up when forecasting and how to resolve them. However having a strong financial background and being commercially aware will enable you to ask the right questions to learn the sector.
- Strong Excel skills are needed for preparing regular reports and analysis. Here at Crown, we use SAP so experience of this would be advantageous, however if you’ve used any ERP system this would be beneficial.
- Whilst this is a data driven role, it also has a large part of communication, collaboration and team member engagement. Your ability to communicate reliably with all, will help build your reputation and buy in from leadership.
With great work comes great rewardCrown Paints takes pride in their excellent working conditions and in addition, offer an attractive reward package that includes:
- 28 days basic annual leave each year (plus 8 bank holidays)
- A variety of discounts / vouchers on products that Crown supply
- A generous pension plan where the Company will match, and even double your contribution
- Multiple other benefits relating to your health and wellbeing
Application and further informationTo apply for this position, please submit your application on our Hempel careers page.