- Post Date:21st May 2021
- Views 223
We are a speciality chemical company and one of the world’s foremost suppliers of water-based polymers with leadership positions in many markets. Our polymers help customers create innovative new products and enhance the performance of existing products in key industries such as coatings, construction, adhesives, paper and nitrile medical gloves. The acquisition of the highly complementary OMNOVA Solutions Inc in April 2020 has extended the group’s geographic reach, expanded the global platform and will accelerate the further differentiation of the business.
We have operational headquarters in London, UK, and provide customer-focused services from regional centres in Harlow, UK; Marl, Germany; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; and Beachwood, Ohio, USA.
Purpose of the Job:
To ensure the safe operational and legally compliant performance of the assets under responsibility. Provide operational leadership to the manufacturing sites under area of responsibility to deliver World-Class manufacturing performance. As a key member of the Functional Solutions team, play an active role in supporting the Divisional strategy and execution.
Drive continuous improvement in Functional Solutions operations across the accountable sites in all key performance areas (SHE, Cost, Quality, Service) while developing both the assets and team to achieve long term success for the business.
- Lead SHE improvement for the network operation to achieve world class standards of operation
- Develop and implement a Manufacturing Strategy for the network and associated improvement plans to achieve long term success
- Champion manufacturing excellence & lean techniques as a tool to drive continuous improvement
- Develop the site leaders and their teams through coaching, succession planning and recruitment to achieve success
- Drive ongoing improvement in the cost efficient conversion of product (both for direct and indirect costs from 3rd parties)
- Provide high levels of customer service & quality from reliable assets inline with business requirements defined through Integrated Business Planning Process
- Capital investment plan – Steer & if necessary manage multiple capital projects to meet agreed objectives on SHE, quality, cost and schedule in accordance with business need
- Contribute to broader Synthomer corporate manufacturing excellence programmes & SBU business strategies
- Maintain regulatory, external & internal standard compliance
- Take an appropriate role in emergency management/crisis communication
Essential Job Requirements:
- Professional engineering qualification essential
- Experienced site manager of high hazard chemical operations within an international environment
- Significant multi-site operational Manufacturing experience
- Experience in managing complex teams and multiple stakeholders
- Effective leader, strong ability to coach and develop people, and a good cross-functional influencer within the organisation
- Professional gravitas, assertive and confident with a high level of personal and professional credibility
- Strong cultural awareness, adaptability and confidence to operate across geographic regions
- Home based role with EMEA travel as/when required
Please send your CV and supporting statement to: [email protected], closing date for applications: 26th May 2021