Multi Skilled Technician
- Post Date:21st September 2023
- Views 65
We’ve been pioneering a world of possibilities to bring surfaces to life for well over 200 years. As experts in making coatings, there’s a good chance you’re only ever a few meters away from one of our products. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. We’re active in more than 150 countries and have set our sights on becoming the global industry leader. It’s what you’d expect from the most sustainable paints company, which has been inventing the future for more than two centuries.Maintenance Technician – Multi-Skilled
Competitive salary and benefits package
Birmingham, West Midlands
With experience of working in a multi skilled maintenance role, ideally in a COMAH chemical facility you are ready to join a business that is a world expert in making coatings. Operating in over 150 countries, AkzoNobel is home to well-known brands, such as the UK’s favourite Dulux paint, and has been awarded Top Employer status in the UK and Europe. We are now recruiting a Maintenance Technician to carry out preventative and reactive maintenance and minimise downtime for our busy production site in Birmingham.
Maintenance Technician – The Role
- Implement statutory inspection routines.
- Carry out preventative & reactive maintenance on plant equipment.
- Help investigate & find root causes for repeated breakdowns & implement permanent solutions.
- Cover repairs on single and 3 phases electrical systems, 24V control systems & instrumentation.
- Cover repairs on various types of pumps, agitators, presses, valves & pipe work systems
- Provide input for process modifications.
- Work safely in line with recognised codes & practices.
- Participate in identifying & executing continuous improvement activities to improve performance.
Maintenance Technician – About You
- Experience working in a multi skilled maintenance role, ideally in a COMAH chemical facility, which is regulated by both the HSE & EA.
- A time served Electrical or Mechanical apprenticeship.
- Strong diagnosis & fault-finding skills.
- Knowledge of repairing and maintaining pumps, valves, gearboxes, chain & belt drives, conveying systems, palletisers & filling lines.
- Knowledge of fault finding, reading electrical drawings, rewiring 24V, single and 3 phase equipment.
- Experience working in an ATEX environment.
- Strong health & safety awareness.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Enjoys a collaborative working environment where supporting colleagues is key.
Maintenance Technician – What Is In It For You
We offer great personal development opportunities and roles with breadth, depth of scope and impact. We also offer comprehensive packages including:
- Competitive Salary (depending on experience)
- 25 days holiday excluding bank holidays
- Income protection
- Staff discount at Dulux Decorator Centre stores
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Life Assurance
- Company pension
- Product discounts
- Flexible benefits scheme offering benefits including Gymflex, retail card, dental cover and more!
Maintenance Technician – How To Apply
We have been inventing the future for more than two centuries and need people like you to be part of the team. Apply online via the link and we will get right back to you.
We are advocates of a healthy work life balance and mental wellbeing. We are happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles.
At AkzoNobel we are highly committed to ensuring an inclusive and respectful workplace where all employees can be their best self. We strive to embrace diversity in a context of tolerance. Our talent acquisition process plays an integral part in this journey, as setting the foundations for a diverse environment. For this reason we train and educate on the implications of our Unconscious Bias in order for our TA and hiring managers to be mindful of them and take corrective actions when applicable. In our organization, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
Related Jobs (21)
Chemical Operator 3rd shift on 8th December 2023
Laboratory Technician R&D on 8th December 2023
Customer Services Representative on 8th December 2023
Systems Analyst on 8th December 2023
Supply Chain Analyst (Undergraduate Placement Scheme) – Birstall on 8th December 2023
Marketing Assistant (Undergraduate Placement Scheme) – Birstall on 8th December 2023
Customer Service Support Representative on 13th October 2023
Laboratory Technician (Undergraduate Placement Student) – Shildon on 13th October 2023
Marketing Assistant (Undergraduate Placement Scheme) – Birstall on 8th November 2023
Sales Assistant / Driver on 13th August 2023