Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician
- Post Date:31st August 2023
- Apply Before: 30th September 2023
- Views 39
We’ve been pioneering a world of possibilities to bring surfaces to life for well over 200 years. As experts in making coatings, there’s a good chance you’re only ever a few meters away from one of our products. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. We’re active in more than 150 countries and have set our sights on becoming the global industry leader. It’s what you’d expect from the most sustainable paints company, which has been inventing the future for more than two centuries. Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician
Competitive salary + shift allowances & benefits Increasing on completion of training
You will work 07:30-16:00 for two weeks and 22:00-06:00 for one week on a rotating pattern.
Felling, Gateshead, Tyne & Wear
With experience of working in a multi skilled maintenance role, ideally in a COMAH chemical facility you are ready to join a business that is a world expert in making coatings. Operating in over 150 countries, AkzoNobel is home to well-known brands, such as the UK’s favourite Dulux paint, and has been awarded Top Employer status in the UK and Europe. We are now recruiting a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician to carry out preventative maintenance and minimise downtime for our busy production site in Felling.
You are a Multi-skilled Maintenance Technician with a four-year recognised electrical and mechanical trade qualification (or willing to upskill your qualifications to this level).
You are ready to advance your career in a successful international business. That business is AkzoNobel. Awarded Top Employer status, we offer careers with breadth, depth of scope and impact. We are recognised as a Top Employer and a company that builds successful partnerships with customers.
We are searching for a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician to carry out preventative maintenance on plant and equipment and promote safe working practices. This will involve fault finding and inspection and testing to ensure that plant and equipment is fit for purpose. You will also investigate and find root causes of repeat breakdowns and implement permanent solutions. You will be involved in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement activities. Important will be the ability to ensure minimum factory down-time and maximum machine availability. Critical, will be the ability to update records accurately and work safely and within recognised codes and practices.
You will have worked in a maintenance environment, ideally within the Chemical Sector, and gained good fault-finding skills. In addition to your technical knowledge, you are an effective communicator who is self-organised, able to prioritise and focused on working in a safe and responsible manner. A team player, you will be organised and focused on working in a safe and responsible manner. Shift work and weekend work may be required to suit the needs of the business.
An HNC in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Experience in a similar industry.
- Previous experience working on a COMAH site would be desirable.
- Strong diagnosis / fault finding skills.
- Knowledge of repairing and maintaining motors, instruments, pumps, valves, gearboxes, chain and belt drives, conveying systems, palletisers and filling lines etc.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to read, interpret and understand technical documents and drawings
- Working with permit to work systems
- Working in confined spaces (desirable but training will be provided)
- Flexibility to work shifts and weekends when required
- Intermediate computer literacy skills
- Strong health & safety culture
- Implement statutory inspection routines
- Conduct preventative maintenance on plant equipment
- Help investigate & find root causes for repeated breakdowns & implement permanent solutions
- Collaborate with colleagues to install & commission new equipment
- Ensure all maintenance work captured on our CMMS
- Complete work within agreed timescales
- Work safely in line with recognised codes & practices
- Participate in identifying & executing continuous improvement activities to improve performance
- Work with & assist contractors, as necessary
- Experience working in a multi skilled maintenance role, ideally in a COMAH chemical facility, which is regulated by both the HSE & EA.
- Electrical and Mechanical trade qualifications – Minimum (NVQ level 3)
- Strong diagnosis & fault-finding skills
- Strong health & safety awareness
- Comfortable working in confined spaces
- Excellent communication & people skills
- Enjoys a collaborative working environment where supporting colleagues is key
We offer great personal development opportunities and roles with breadth, depth of scope and impact. We also offer comprehensive packages including:
- Competitive Salary (depending on experience)
- 25 days holiday excluding bank holidays
- Income protection
- Staff discount at Dulux Decorator Centre stores
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Life Assurance
- Company pension
- Product discounts
If you want to be part of an organisation that is truly passionate about what they do and how they do it then we would love to hear from you.
At AkzoNobel we are highly committed to ensuring an inclusive and respectful workplace where all employees can be their best self. We strive to embrace diversity in a context of tolerance. Our talent acquisition process plays an integral part in this journey, as setting the foundations for a diverse environment. For this reason we train and educate on the implications of our Unconscious Bias in order for our TA and hiring managers to be mindful of them and take corrective actions when applicable. In our organization, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
Requisition ID: 32212