Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineers
- Post Date:29th November 2021 14103
- Views 150
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- All employees are legally responsible for their own health and safety as well as those who may be affected by their acts or omissions. They are also legally required to co-operate in health and safety matters as directed by their employer.
- Working under the sites Permit To Work, Lock Out Tag Out and Risk Assessment systems..
- Working within a highly regulated industry, upper tier SEVESO/COMAH site. (remove if not relevant)
- Maintaining equipment and working within an ATEX/DSEAR environment. (remove if not relevant)
- Maintaining and fault finding on mechanical drives, linkages, pneumatics , filling lines, mixers etc.
- Completing Planned Maintenance regimes on machinery and assets.
- Reactive maintenance of site assets.
- To undertake site service mechanical maintenance and installation duties as scheduled.
- To accurately complete job records on the Computer Maintenance Management System so that data/tends can be compiled.
- To maintain liquid transfer systems, relief devices, pumps, valves, gaskets etc.
- To maintain and test mechanical Safety Critical Equipment.
- To identify and implement continuous improvements projects.
- To continually self-audit practices and processes, initiating change where able.
- Where applicable, to assist with projects including conception of ideas, installation and commissioning, monitoring and maintaining.
- To be aware of machine efficiencies to ensure that they are performing at optimum levels.
- To put forward improvement recommendations to plant, equipment and working practices where identified.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- FORMAL EDUCATION:
- Engineering Technician relevant qualifications i.e Apprenticeship, ONC, NVQ’s etc.
- Previous mechanical / electrical maintenance work experience.
- Pneumatic systems fault diagnostics / modifications.
- Pipe break-ins and pipefitting
- Ability to diagnose faults to route cause – 5 whys.
- Hazardous site such as chemical experience would be an advantage.
- Mechanically and / or Electrically COMPEX trained – Not essential as training will be provided.
- KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Understanding of Engineering drawings – electrical schematics.
- Preventative and Proactive maintenance experience.
- Electrical diagnostics and PLC knowledge.
- Knowledge, effective use and development of PPM systems.
- ATEX/DSEAR knowledge/Experience would be an advantage.
- An understanding of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement techniques.
- Awareness of SEVESO/COMAH.
- Computer literate.
- Able to work under own initiative
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- Ability to learn new skills quickly.
- Keen and conscientious approach to Health and Safety is essential.
These roles require working on the following shift patterns:-
6:00am – 2:00pm
2:00pm – 10:00pm
10:00pm – 6:00am
Shift rotas are issued on a weekly basis. Flexibility is required.
Competitive Basic Salary plus 35% Uplift for Weekends and 25% Uplift for Nights plus Annual Production Bonus
- Please note that Sherwin Williams is unable to respond to any enquiries, accept CVs or applications from Recruitment Agencies**
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $18 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
At Sherwin-Williams, we’re proud of the company we keep — our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.