Multi-Skilled Engineer - Stowmarket
- Post Date:13th July 2023
- Views 51
About the job
Multi-Skilled EngineerAs a Multi-Skilled Engineer, you will provide engineering skills to support high utilisation of, and improvements to, manufacturing plant and services equipment.Working Hours (5 Shift Pattern Mon-Fri)Week 1 – Early shift 06:00-14:00Week 2 – Day Shift 07:30-15:30Week 3 – Day Shift 07:30-15:30Week 4 – Late shift 14:00-22:00Week 5 – Day Shift 07:30-15:30Key Responsibilities
- Implement planned preventative maintenance (PPM) programmes for plant equipment; carry out statutory routine schedules and inspections on pressure.
- Capture and input data into the engineering computerised record system whilst developing ways of improving the planned work methods to reduce plant downtime.
- Lead and implement minor development projects and plant modifications and assist with the development of ideas into workable solutions.
- Coordinate external contract resources involved with any engineering maintenance, modifications or improvements.
- Guide and train Process Operators.
- Provide support to other site maintenance teams in different manufacturing areas during peak demand periods or when workloads change.
- Recognised engineering apprenticeship and a minimum of 2 years subsequent proven experience.
- High concern for standards and the ability to plan.
- Plant fault diagnosis skills, including condition monitoring.
- Good communication skills to relate information and describe engineering systems.
- Capability to deal with continuous change of the business and new technology.
About UsHere at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday – everyday.PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.The PPG WayEvery Single Day At PPGWe partner with customers to create mutual value.We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical solutions that make a difference.We are “One PPG” to the world.We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we differentiate and disrupt our markets.We trust our people every day, in every way.We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear and actionable.We make it happen.We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We decide and act intelligently and quickly.We run it like we own it.We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We always act in the best interest of our company, customers, shareholders and our communities.We do better today than yesterday – everyday.We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our businesses.PPG Way: (Click here to learn more about the PPG Way)PPG vision: http://corporate.ppg.com/Our-Company/PPG-Vision.aspxWe are One PPG: http://one.ppg.com/PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.