Multi-Skilled Engineer (Days) - Birstall
- Post Date:17th March 2023
- Views 73
About the job
Multi-Skilled EngineerAs a Multi-Skilled Engineer, you will be responsible for the maintenance and improvement of a vast array of equipment and processes that go into producing our world-renowned brands.Working Hours07:30-16:00 Mon-Thu & 07:30-12:30 FriKey Responsibilities
- Carry out frequency based preventative maintenance plans to site standards across all areas of the site and rectify any issues found.
- Modify and improve equipment, plant and processes.
- Conduct continuous machine observation during the shift, identifying potential safety risks and taking necessary actions to remove the hazard.
- Ensure equipment is handed back to production in 100% safe condition.
- Observe the company policy on Health & Safety at Work.
- Be proactive in business process improvement initiatives and be aware of equipment performance trends such as O.E.E., quality and waste.
- Carry out effective housekeeping of workshop, pump bay, stores and plant areas affected by maintenance activities.
- Communicate daily with Engineering Team Leaders.
- Complete root cause analysis when required.
- Relevant electrical/mechanical engineering experience.
- Recognised electrical/mechanical apprenticeship or approved training scheme.
- Experience in preventative maintenance, practice and procedures.
- Computer literate.
- Good communication skills.
About UsHere at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday – everyday.PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.The PPG WayEvery Single Day At PPGWe partner with customers to create mutual value.We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical solutions that make a difference.We are “One PPG” to the world.We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we differentiate and disrupt our markets.We trust our people every day, in every way.We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear and actionable.We make it happen.We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We decide and act intelligently and quickly.We run it like we own it.We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We always act in the best interest of our company, customers, shareholders and our communities.We do better today than yesterday – everyday.We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our businesses.PPG Way: (Click here to learn more about the PPG Way)PPG vision: http://corporate.ppg.com/Our-Company/PPG-Vision.aspxWe are One PPG: http://one.ppg.com/PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.