Merchant Sales Manager
- Post Date:31st August 2023
- Apply Before: 30th September 2023
- Views 30
Join a fast paced and exciting sales force
Be part of our fast paced, bold sales team and help to shape the future success of the Crown Paints brands.We’re looking for a Merchant Sales Manager to join our Trade Division. Covering London, South Coast and South East, you will promote and sell our premium and value for money brands to the independent merchant customer base.
Location and areas covered in this role; London, South East and South Coast
What will I be doing?
Using your natural selling, negotiating, communication and presentation skills you’ll also get involved in the followingYou’ll have full autonomy to develop and manage a business plan, to target your independent merchant audience.
- Specifically develop and grow all accounts through targeted promotion activity, range selling and merchandising initiatives and generate stock presence.
- Constantly review the profitability of the customer files and strategic customer target list and plan call activity accordingly.
- Working collaboratively with marketing teams to implement relevant marketing initiatives, using all marketing and promotional material to ensure maximum brand exposure in independent stores.
- Identify and deliver on all opportunities and plan for the long-term development of your business.
- Work in conjunction with all National Accounts and relevant Key Account managers to enable and implement specific account activity in line with the account management plan.
- Record all account activity, opportunity and development planning with our CRM and keep updated.
Sounds interesting, what skills and experience will I need?
Your previous B2B sales experience within a field based sales role will be helpful to your success in the role, however we are open to backgrounds and industries – sales is sales!Influencing and relationship building skills as well as being commercially aware will come naturally to you and if you’ve come from a product focussed background and understand margin improvement it would be advantageous for this role.Working in the field requires self-motivation, you’ll enjoy planning your own diary, scheduling sales visits in advance being on the road – for this you’ll need a full UK driving license.
With great work comes great reward
Crown Paints takes pride in their excellent working conditions and in addition, offer an attractive reward package that includes:
- Competitive salary, company car, phone and laptop
- 28 days basic annual leave each year (plus 8 bank holidays)
- A variety of discounts / vouchers on products that Crown supply
- A generous pension plan where the Company will match, and even double your contribution
- Multiple other benefits relating to your health and wellbeing
A Little More About Us
Crown Paints have been manufacturing paint for longer than most, over 200 years in fact, with over 60 years proudly holding the Royal Warrant. It’s fair to say that we know our craft; however, what really sets Crown apart is the support we provide for cultural, humanitarian and scientific causes across the world.Alongside our owners, The Hempel Foundation, we place a special focus on education for children in need, and are proud to support the education of over 55,000 children across 22 projects worldwide. You can therefore guarantee here at Crown – It’s not just paint. It’s personal!We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Application due2023-09-24Seniority LevelAssociateJob FunctionsBusiness Development, SalesIndustryChemicalsCrown Paints is one of UK’s most renown paint manufacturers and we have been manufacturing for over 200 years, with over 60 years proudly holding the Royal Warrant. However, what really sets Crown apart is the support we provide for cultural, humanitarian and scientific causes across the world through our ownership structure. Crown Paints is part of the Hempel Group, which gives our company stability and our employees extended, global career possibilities.