Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
- Post Date:2nd June 2023
- Views 91
To support the busyness of the department we have an opportunity for a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer to join our manufacturing site in Manchester.What You’ll Be Doing.As an experienced Mechanical Maintenance Engineer, you will carry out work alongside the planned maintenance schedule to ensure machinery, equipment and facilities across site are maintained to a high standard. You will achieve reductions in downtime through planned and reactive maintenance by analysing major breakdowns, carrying out root cause analysis and putting solutions in place to prevent machinery/process issues re-occurring.
- Ensure that all equipment, machinery, and peripherals operate efficiently and at full capability, ensuring a continuous production process.
- Carry out repairs on machines as part of breakdown or preventative maintenance.
- Ensure that all relevant paperwork and maintenance logs are completed correctly and accurately in accordance with company procedure.
- Maintain a general knowledge of the process and the plant to enable an accurate and speedy assessment of problems and their consequential results.
- To perform any other duties in connection with the job that may from time to time be reasonably required by supervision and which are consistent with the “Purpose of job/mission”.
What can you offer us?You’ll have a hands-on approach when it comes to machine maintenance along with an NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) in mechanical engineering and ideally be time-served in a manufacturing environment but not essential. Experience and a knowledge of hazardous sites (chemicals, solvents) would be preferred but again not essential.
- Recognised apprenticeship in mechanical engineering, City & Guilds or ONC in mechanical engineering, or relevant experience in a similar role.
- Driving license.
- Ability to work alone and as a member of a team.
- IT literate in Microsoft Office applications.
- Specific knowledge of chemical dosing systems, rotating machinery, hydraulics, pneumatics, and pumps would be advantageous.
What You’ll Get In Return.At HMG we offer colleagues a range of benefits, some of the highlights include:
- Profit share
- Opportunities for Training and Development (NVQ’s, HNC’s/HND’s, MBA’s, Coatings Training Institute)
- Competitive Salary
- Christmas and New Year’s break
- Day off and Double Pay on your birthday
- Annual staff BBQ
- Charity fundraising events/activities
- Contributory pension
- 1pm Friday Finish
- Flexible working where applicable
- Subsidised Canteen
- Free Parking
Who we are.Established in 1930 HMG has grown to become the UK’s Leading Independent Paint Manufacturer. Offering innovative and compliant paints and coatings to a variety of markets all backed up with outstanding technical support and customer service.For this HMG have accepted numerous awards such as the UK Coatings Care award and were the first independent UK Paint Company to be awarded British Standards quality BS5750 (FM1524). HMG’s Head office and primary manufacturing plant is based in Manchester, UK.Specialising in bespoke product development and manufacturing we have a large product portfolio including wet paint, aerosols, and specialist coatings. Employing specialists in all areas of pre-treatment, equipment, and application of surface coating products.HMG are proud to work alongside our customers and our customers business is important to HMG. We supply market leading products into a number of market sectors, notably Commercial Transport, OEM, Industrial, Bus & Coach, Civil Engineering & Construction, Light Industry, Model & Hobby trade and Speciality Automotive Finishes. With an excellent record of support and service, demonstrated by long term uninterrupted partnerships.HMG take pride in strong family values and that is shown in the atmosphere across the company. We create unique relationships with worldwide technical and manufacturing partnerships and continue to be proud of our culture, our team and our community responsibilities exemplified by being one of the first to sign up to the Government Skills Pledge.With our pride comes responsibility and a genuine care. Customers of HMG can expect that we will be satisfied with nothing less than excellence and we will work with our customers to achieve this.We are proud of the fact that our products are designed to evolve along with the businesses with whom we work.